1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever grown your facial hair?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Incognito10, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Incognito10

So, I've been on vacation for a couple of weeks and decided not to shave. I am surprised that I kind of like the full-###### look but not sure I will return to work with it. I do not like long facial hair but the sustained look of having not shaven for a week or so. However, it kind of goes against my previous clean shaven preference. Has anyone experienced with growing any type of beard? Did you like it or do you prefer clean shaven? How about on others?

2. Brightsky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ya I've had a beard for a few years now. I usually keep it short and trimmed but I started growing it out for the winter. I love it :slight_smile:

3. Incognito10

Do you use a guarded electric trimmer to keep it short and "stubbly" looking? That is the look I am trying to maintain. I've never used anything other than standard blade razor so have no experience with the electric type.

4. RedR

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a bearded man so I am very bias... Beards are awesome! I keep mine neat but I get scruffy when any of my teams are in the playoffs. A beard is good luck you know :wink:

5. timo

There aren't many things I sincerely dislike, but facial hair is one of them. I hate it with a passion, both on myself and on others. A bit of a stubble is more than enough for me :lol:

Yeah I know. Strong opinion. Don't feel offended :icon_wink

6. Hexagon

My facial hair isn't currently capable of such a feat, but its on its way. I think I have the facial hair of a 16-17 year old.

7. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really like thick facial hair on myself, but stubble is ok, provided I'm feeling cis.

I went through a bout of hysteria this year that lasted for a couple of weeks, and I didn't shave the entire time, even when I was feeling womanly, and seeing myself with a beard repulsed me. During the course of the hysteria I couldn't bring myself to shave since I was too shoken up but the horror I felt after having a beard was unlike anything I've felt. Even in that state, one replete with apathy, I felt disgusted. Additionally that was the only time I've ever allowed a beard to grow and that will also be the last.

Too much facial hair can make a guy look frowzy, but the look you're describing isn't too bad. Not all beards are nasty - Some guys can look quite alluring sporting a beard, but for the most part I tend to be turned off by men with beards.

8. Incognito10

I can identify :slight_smile: Sometimes, I feel particularly andro and detest my facial hair growing (why I usually shave everyday); hence, why I am kind of surprised looking in the mirror and thinking it looks nice.

---------- Post added 14th Nov 2013 at 04:32 PM ----------

Not offended. It's just a preference :slight_smile:

9. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    In guy mode I detest beards and thick facial hair because it makes me look old and I feel less attractive with it. In girl mode I hate it for reasons that don't need to be stated.

It takes a certain guy to wear beards, but I'm not one of them. If I were to grow one out then i'd resemble a biker, and that's not a look I want to strive for.

But on some guys the beard makes them look dashing. Most men can't make beards attractive though.

10. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I don't really like it all that much since it means extra sweat in my case.
    However, sometimes when I'm lazy or swamped in assignements I'll let it grow a bit.
    Also in winter if it gets really cold.
    Right now I have a really thin, but nice looking beard (if I do say so myself). It's not so much that it'll cause me to sweat more, but I'll probably have to shave before the week has ended.

With regards to shaving; I use this:
    [​IMG]

And if it's grown to thick/long this as well:
    [​IMG]

11. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Actually since I had work off last weekend I grew my beard out a bit. I'm going to miss it though since I have to shave it for this coming weekend. :dry:

12. Incognito10

Linthras, just curious, do you keep it the entire winter season, a few weeks or what? I kind of see myself being very fickle as in I'll like it this week but next week feel more on the andro side and want it gone. :/

:slight_smile:

13. Formality

I think facial hair is sexy but mines more like... white fuzz. I wish I had rough facial hair. I don't know if I'd be able to pull it off. Maybe if I gained a few pounds.

14. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I could grow a good amount of facial hair, but I like to keep it clean shaven (which reminds me that I need to shave again, ugh).

On other guys, I think some stubble/###### is really hot.

15. English Frenchman

It’s no shave november! Show your support for cancer patients by growing out your facial hair! I’m doing it.

16. Incognito10

I know!

Love your signature :slight_smile:

17. Brightsky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ya all i use is an electric trimmer, you can get it pretty short with one of those. When I'm not trying to grow it out I usually trim my beard every few days. But i haven't used a shaving razor in years, I don't even have one.

18. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. I've never chosen to do so. I don't think it would go with my look. The most I've done is grow my sideburns to the base of my ears while keeping them neatly trimmed.

On some people, facial hair looks good. Only on certain people, a beard looks good, but that's mostly Pavlovian. You will all think I'm nuts, but there was a time when the mustache only look was hot on certain people. Again, certain people.

19. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I just let my facial hair go, I'd look scary like my dad. That's not something I want.

20. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Mostly the same, one year I did keep the whole winter, but didn't feel comforable with it half the time. Was just to busy (and a little bit lazy) to shave it.