1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to a gay bar as a couple

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwesomGaytheist, Nov 15, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, first of all, my boyfriend says hello to EC. Tonight, Brendan and I are going to the local gay bar as a couple, and we're not really sure what to expect. The first time we went, it was a Wednesday night with the school LGBT group and there was nobody there. Thankfully this club is 18+.

I'm kind of wondering what I should wear. Shirt and tie and slacks is not really bar apparel, but maybe a dress shirt with two buttons open, my gold chain, gay pride ring on my left finger (shows I'm taken) and jeans?

And what can I expect when we're there? Again, this is pretty much our first time, and weekends are when it gets packed.

I need to go get in the shower and get cleaned up.

2. LD579

For what to expect... it really, really depends. For what to wear... It depends, but generally you should wear what you like. I suggest just going in and seeing if you like it. If not, you two could always leave and go elsewhere, or have a night out and have a nice dinner, and so on.

3. biggayguy

Have fun. Dress nice but comfortable. That rainbow ring may not keep you from getting "hit" on. Stay around your boyfriend and enjoy yourself.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well if my friend who refuses to go to a gay club out of fear is to be believed, then the dress code is some combination of skin and leather. Maybe an outrageous thong...

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nice jeans, a comfortable shirt, and casual shoes will be fine. They sort of are for many venues. And the upper shirt buttons left open because ... LOL. Ok, but don't overdo it on gold chains and too much cologne. Some people think that a bar requires a uniform. Please.

6. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A simple, form fitting latex catsuit is always in good taste. I like metallic silver, but if you want the traditional black,"American Horror Story' look, that's always in style. =p

Have fun!

7. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With any bar, the 'dress code' depends on the venue, but what you described sounds fine for most bars I've ever been too, gay or otherwise. Have fun and let us know how it goes - I'm always interested to hear about various gay bars and what they're like.

8. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That wasn't all that fun, it was loud and the place was filled with creepy old guys. We met one guy who was actually pretty nice, named Lou. He was an older gentleman, and a wise old owl. He looked at us and said, "There are people who would kill to have what you guys do. Don't ever for one second take it for granted and celebrate every day you have together."

9. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wise words...take them to heart!

10. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

:roflmao: :lol: (!)

"the traditional black {form fitting latex catsuit}" - my fave clubbing ensemble!

:roflmao: :lol: (!)

#10 Dragonbait, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2013
  11. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

I'll never go back. Not my type of atmosphere and felt uncomfortable the whole time. Message me if you want more details. All I can say is that it is not for me. As a white male, I felt more comfortable and had more fun at a predominantly black club than a gay one.