1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just got a root canal, a root canal, a root canal!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LOVEjames, Jun 12, 2008.

1. LOVEjames

:grin: And the numbing medication is making me high. Well, I actually had two appointments today. The first was for three fillings in my front upper teeth, and then the other one was for a root canal. :grin: I have Vicadin and I'm going to be saaaaaaaaaaaailing through the week. Ohhhh, AND. I have two more appointments tomorrow. One for two fillings at 7:45am, and the other at 9am for... drumroll please! ANOTHER ROOT CANAL. -win-

xD When this numbing wears off, I'm going to be soooooooo bitchy.

2. sdc91

Yikes, that's a lot of work.

And really early appointments. How do you wake up so early??

3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I wish I was that happy going to the dentist. I totally freak out. Ugh....

4. gabriel1

gabriel1 Guest

I don't mind the dentist at all. Never had any discomfort from anything from root canals to root planing.....

5. Hoppip

I have to get my wisdom teeth pulled AND get braces in (because I have an end-to-end bite. ;_:wink:

I'm afraid I'm gonna look weird when the braces come off, like I have an overbite or something. Like I might have too set back of a chin, or my upper teeth will stick out.

I just got back from the dentist today.

I love the dentist.

It's like a spa for my mouth. I didn't have any cavities, my gums were in perfect shape (pink and fiiirm!).

Well, I do floss everyday. That's honestly the best thing you can do. If going to the dentist is painful for you (anybody who's reading this), man up and FLOSS!

I want to be a dental hygienist one day. There's a college I can go to for an Associate's, but the one with the Bachelor's is closing down! I'M SO PISSED! Pissed like angry, not like drunk you still British people.

Well James, have fun with those dental procedures. ^_^

6. OneHatMadder

Hehe. I always use root canals to say when someone isn't being funny.

For example: "You're as funny as a root canal" OR if I feel like mixing it up I'll say something like "Wow! My dentistme that when I was having a ROOT CANAL!"

It's gotten to the stage where I can just say "Root Canal" and people know what I'm talking about.

...Fairly random but yeah.

I hope it doesn't hurt you too much James My love!

7. MeskElil

Ugh, dentist stuff sucks. I got my wisdom teeth out last summer and I had to sleep upright for three weeks, but my face STILL swelled up. *shiver* Thank god I'll never have to do that again! I have no more wisdom teeth in my mouth.

I've always been afraid of root canals because I don't know what they are and everyone says they're the worst kind of dental work. What exactly is it? Please don't be too graphic...

8. Bryan90

You had a numbing medication?!!!!!!

Eesh.. All I had was local anesthesia.. SOBS... I've had it for like half a decade already... It's awesome how people freak when you tell them that you have wires in your teeth..

And seanathon.. how come you have wisdom teeth at the age of 15?.. Did you just mean the teeth at the back of the jaw?

9. MeskElil

Not necessarily. I had my wisdom teeth out at fifteen. Actually, the earlier you get them out, the less severe the surgery is.

10. Blitzkrieg

I had mine surgically removed at 16 too prevent any complications that could arise when they grew in, my doctor told me the earlier the better. My face totally swelled to the size of a watermelon and I had to shove cotton balls in the back of my mouth because of bleeding while I recovered too. YUCK! :eusa_sick

11. Hoppip

Yeah, plus you have to get them before the roots grow into your jaw nerves. And my dentist says it is the perfect time.

12. Poring

lol I remember when I had a minor surgery done on my gums and the dentist put local anesthesia or something, my whole face (nose, lower+upper lip)got numb!

haha, it felt so weird and cool at the same time. I really felt I lost my nose and/or lips so I kept poking it reassuring myself it was still there :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: