1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how would you have reacted?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by josh9623, Nov 17, 2013.

1. josh9623

So, a few days ago my parents told me that they found "something" in my room. they pretty much made it obvious what they were talking about without saying it (it was a homemade dildo). they made me throw it out, but then offered to order me one if i paid for it.

I'm not really looking for advice so much as just wondering how others would have reacted to their parents' "Discovery" of such items

2. English Frenchman

I would’ve been absolutely mortified. Beyond mortified. I would be so red from shame. Ah, I don’t even want to think about it.

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's good for you; they're clearly accepting enough to realise the proper thing is safer.

If I had a homemade dildo (I wouldn't dare), and my parents found it, I'd probably try to excuse it as something else.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I accidentally left a certain butt cleansing device in the bathroom the other day and they must have seen it, so my parents seem to ignore things like this, but needless to say I was freaking out!

It's good that they've recognized that it's acceptable and want you to be safe though...I would be seriously impressed by them even if it is a bit unnerving...

5. Data

Data Guest

I would have been embarrassed.

Want to hear a funny story that will make you feel better? :grin: Of course you do!

After I got into my motorcycle accident, I had a broken left leg and a dislocated right shoulder. This was 4 weeks after the crash so I had just gotten out of the hospital.

I couldn't live at my studio apartment anymore because I needed help living and I couldn't get up the stairs. My lease was ready to expire the next month so I just moved in with my mom. When my lease expired, my mom, dad, sister, mom's boyfriend and family friends all volunteered to help pack up my home and move it to my mom's house.

That was great! The only problem was the pack of condoms, anal lube, and prostate vibrator I had hidden under my dresser. HAHAHAHA There was no way in hell I was going to allow the whole team of people to go up there and discover this little jackpot.

I made my sis and mom drag my broken ass up the stairs and get me into my apartment. I then closed the door and made them wait outside. I got out of the wheel chair and plopped onto the floor (painful with the leg) and wrapped all 3 things in like 20 walmart bags. At that point you couldn't tell what was in the bag, and we went back into the parking lot and tossed it into the dumpster.

I didn't care if I had to crawl up the stairs by myself and crawl back to the car. I was NOT going to let anyone find those.

End story.

I hope that gave you a laugh. Just imagine a guy in a full leg brace with staples up his thigh and his arm in a sling, crawling across a floor with a bag full of sex things.

Even though it is embarrassing, worse things have happened. Have you ever read Oedipus?

6. Hexagon

I would have been very embarrassed, but I would have fiercely protested their invasion of my privacy, and refused to comply with their demands for me to throw it away. I might also plan some kind of revenge, to make them understand why privacy shouldn't be violated.

7. leer

I would have died of embarrassment and hide in my bedroom for as long as possible .

8. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    To echo Aussie's thoughts, it sounds like they confiscated it because they thought it was unsafe.

Nevertheless, it's disconcerting to have your privacy encroached on like that and I'd be pissed off if it happened to me. I had a door knob on my door that requires a key to unlock while living at home, and that most certainly spared me from any embarrassment. Not that I play with dildos, but I have some dark secrets that are best left unknown by everyone else.

9. ClicheKHFan

I would probably just argue or leave the room if my mom said anything about me owning a sex toy. I'm getting my first one in the mail soon though lol.

If I was a parent, I'd probably do the same thing you mom did though. I'd tell them to get rid of the homemade one and get them a real silicon one that I knew was safe. I'd probably pay for a cheap one and make the same offer to let them buy others. Then I'd probably have a talk with them about stuff.

10. lovelyfake

Out Status:
    A few people
    What was it made of, that made them feel it was dangerous? If it had sharps edged, then I can understand their concern. >.>

If I was in your scenario, I'd probably have an intense hot flash, blush a lot, and then come up with some lame excuse. My mom found me in the garage, once, playing around with plastic bottles and clear tubing. I was making a bong. She asked what I was doing and I quite lamley explained something about a fantastic sceince experiment, though I could tell from her expression that she didn't believe me. -_-

Oh well....

11. Reader

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you don't mind me asking, how was it "homemade"? I'd be furious at their invasion of my privacy, but it sounds like they're being understanding, but kind of untactful :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. AKTodd

Heh. Speaking of funny stories...

Not too long after my partner and I moved in together, he sold his old house in another state and we decided to buy one here. After much looking, we ended up getting a little place only one street over from where we were living. If it weren't for the intervening trees, you could probably see one house from the other.

When it came time to move, we got a rental truck and my best friend and her husband came over with their pickup. My partner has this big old six drawer filing cabinet full of stuff (which I never really looked into) that didn't make it into the rental truck for some reason so we boosted it into their pickup to move over. Because it was full and the drive was less than a hundred yards we didn't tie it down. We hopped in the rental truck and they followed in their pickup. We go down and around to the next street and park in front of the new house and wait. And wait. And wait some more. But my friends aren't showing up. This leads to the following conversation:

Me: I wonder if the filing cabinet tipped over?

Him: If it did I wonder if they found the 24in...Never mind!!!

Me: (already having some premonition) 24in what?

Him: NEVER MIND!!!

Me: (glaring and thru gritted teeth now) 24. Inch. WHAT??!!

Him: The black, double-sided, 24 inch dildo. It was a joke gift! It's still in the original package! It's never been opened! I forgot it was in there!

Me: Ack!!!!

About this point, my friends finally showed up and the file cabinet had indeed tipped over and stuff had fallen out which they had picked up. Although they didn't say anything, we could tell they had seen it. So I just asked. Turns out they had (it really was still in the original package - and only 18in long) but decided not to say anything.

At this point we all had a good laugh and spent the rest of the afternoon thinking up uses for it (hitting golf balls at a driving range, unclogging a drain, clubbing an intruder, etc).

I love my friends:icon_bigg

Todd

13. TheStrongestLink

I'd scream. Especially since I don't own one.

14. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd feign ignorance then emigrate when they aren't looking

15. GayNerd

I'd be embarrassed. Totally. Especially since I don't have one, I think.

16. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    I would be embarrassed and annoyed at them for looking in my private room, but glad, that If I did make a homemade dildo (I wouldn't do that, just no), then I obviously would want one, and that I have permission to get one.

17. Falklands Sheep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, funny thing, I actually have a homemade 'dildo', yet I rarely use it.

Either way, if it's found, I'll say it's a toy I made for my dog. I hid it under the bed, right under the dog's sleeping mattress, and given it's shape, I doubt they'll think it's a dildo.

18. Tyrael

Haha this is brilliant. I accidentally left out what's commonly known as a "flesh light" in my bathroom one time and I'm almost 100% certain my mum saw it. However she either didn't know what it was, or just ignored it, so I think I got away with it either way lol.

19. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would either have instant heart failure, or run from the room and board the next habitation flight to Mars.

20. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    When they found it: "OH SH**! OH SH**! OH SH**! OH SH**!"
    When they offered to buy me a real: Probably a mix of confusion, being weirded out, and indigestion.