1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Told Today "the Gays" Are Too Prudish

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SimpleMan, Nov 17, 2013.

1. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just had to share this story...

I was walking downtown today after a storm and I was trying to take some pictures of a monument with a rainbow in the sky behind it. Suddenly a man comes up to me ranting and raving about the gays. Turns out he just left a restaurant where a man and woman and their kid were kicked out. Apparently, the parents were making out in the middle of the restaurant.

The restaurant manager seemed to think making out was not appropriate for a family friendly environment. The ranter "stood up" for them, and accused the manager of only kicking them out because he (the manager) was gay and didn't want to see it. The manager apparently affirmed he was gay, but insisted that had nothing to do with making out being inappropriate in that setting.

At this point, I tried to brush the ranter off by saying "I wouldn't know anything about that." So he responds, "Wait, are you gay too!?" I just denied it because I didn't really want to out myself to a stranger who is ranting about how terrible the gays are when there was nobody else on the street. I just told him I hope his day gets better to try to get him to leave me alone. He continued his way down the street shouting.

It was sort of comical really.

Here I am a closeted gay man trying to take a picture of a rainbow, and I am trying to brush off this homophobic guy who is trying to complain to me about how upset he is about a gay guy who is too prudish.

Not to mention I am wearing the one shirt I own that happens to have a rainbow on it, and I'd also just gotten a free hot chocolate from a cute guy at the Starbucks down the street. (They were giving everyone free drinks to be fair.)

Just too funny.

I kind of wish I had admitted I was gay, but it probably would have just provoked the guy. :icon_bigg

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most of these "pro-family" people who hate gay people just hate sex itself. That's why they scream that it should only happen between married couples, in the missionary position, and only for the purpose of reproduction. That's the very definition of being a prude.

3. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To me it just sounds like he's looking for any reason to attack gay people, similar to those who blame a person's ethnicity, sex, age, etc for any and every negative experience encountered.

Alright, he might have kicked them out due to them kissing, but 1) How is that action a reflection of all gay people? 2) It's his business, and ultimately, his decision to refuse service to anyone, and 3) Compared to the discrimination sexual minorities have experienced, this doesn't even come close.

Heaven forbid "the Gays" find themselves in a position of power.

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gays today seem to be more relationship oriented. This was far from the case before, and especially when health hazards were either not fully understood or not enough of a deterrent.

5. Foxface

Bi or not I would have booted their butts too

guess I am just a prude

Foxface

6. Lunarchy

To be honest, I have known gay people who are "Anti-straight" or Heterophobic. If he was ranting about "heterophobes," I could understand his frustration, but just being gay doesn't automatically make you at war with straight people, as some people would have you believe!

7. Ruthven

I wonder if they were like making out with their kid right there... ._.

They probably were, right? Cause were else could the kid go?

8. DesertTortoise

I mean, like what were they doing? Kissing? fucking on the floor? Holy fucking shit. What is WRONG with this culure and it's fear of everything sexual.. .unless it can be canned and made into an ad to sell something?

9. i got a bit confused so a couple w/ a kid got kicked of a restuarant cuz they were making out and the manager didnt want to see it:s

sexuality has nothing to do with it but if im reading it right then that place was a family friendly environment. i can understand a few kisses here and there and holding hands but making out in public in a family friendly environment, nah. no one needs to see that. i guess im the weird one :eusa_doh:

they shouldnt of got kicked out though, asked to stop then if they didnt then asked to leave. kicking them straight out was a bit wrong.

10. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm with the manager on this. That's not the kind of thing you want going on in a family restaurant

11. freeskies

It comes down to what extent was the public display of affection. If it was lewd enough to make others in the restaurant feel uncomfortable, then the manager was correct in politely(if this was the case) asking them to leave. The manager being gay surely has nothing to do with his decision. Haters will always use something to poke with!

#11 freeskies, Nov 18, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  12. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've got to side with the manager because he's there to keep the majority content, but overall I agree with you. People shouldn't generally worry about seeing others make out in public.

13. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The manager was completely justified here, seeing as PDA is irritating and, frankly, IMHO, pretty fucking nasty.
    I don't really see a correlation between being gay and being a "prude".

14. blueberrymuffin

That guy can kiss our collective asses. If a gay couple makes out in most restaurants, i can imagine they will get the same treatment if not worse. Hell, if a gay couple holds hands it could be worse.