1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Profiled while shopping: update

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DrkRayne, Nov 18, 2013.

1. DrkRayne

So my gf and I did a test run without cameras yesterday..and were prob going to finish up with cameras today and film the interaction

IF you remember I'm going to dress "down" while going shopping at an upscale mall that i frequent to see if I am treated differently

So yesterday my gf and went to the archery range and then i realized I didnt have any of my eyeliner left, so on the way back we stopped at the mall to pick up my Chanel eyeliner. Note, i was wearing rugged clothes, jeans, t-shirt, gym shoes, hat on my head. Not how I usually dress when shopping there.

The chanel lady was nice...i think she knows us. but with the exception of her and the gay guy at Armani....EVERYONE WAS RUDE!

I was ignored 4 times
    When i tried to look at some watches I got rebuffed.
    i was told 3 times that something was "too expensive" for me.
    Stares....from other shoppers...made me feel weird.
    When I finally settled on a wallet I wanted, It took 15 minute to get assistance when my gf wasnt next to me, although there was 3 sales people around.

I looked like the average person yesterday...wasnt even THAT bad. I shudder to think whats going to happen today when I make an effort to look...different. Oh yeah...youtube expose' for sure.

2. biggayguy

Sometimes I get the opposite reaction from sales people. They fawn all over me trying to hurry me out of their store. They may be afraid I'll break something with my wheelchair. Then again maybe I just don't look like their ideal customer.

3. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
  4. Gekko

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's horrible.
    Once I was at a store in the mall with some friends and I asked the person who was in charge of the videogame section the price of a game, since it hadn't been tagged and the plastic cover all new games have was missing. He said he would check the price in an unpolite way and left. He never told me because he helped other potential customer instead, in front of us... He just ignored us.