1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disabled and dating

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dano218, Nov 19, 2013.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I grew up in a small town in Minnesota where people have negative views of disabled and gay people. I remember a incident last summer I was out having dinner with my boyfriend who happens to be much older than me. No one knew we were dating or anything but someone who knew my parents got very concerned and made up a lie to tell my parents. This person told my parents while I went to the bathroom my boyfriend came up to them and said I'm living off (dano) and its great. He acted as if he knew them. A

Well the rumor was not true cause I was with my boyfriend the whole time and that shows how less people think of me in that town. My parents however believed the rumor and wanted me to dump my boyfriend.

Any similar stories or comments are welcome.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel for you!

It should be, but it isn't, common knowledge that spreading rumours and lies is akin to murder. There's a reason they call it "character assassination", the damage is very real and very hard to repair.

3. biggayguy

I was engaged to a bisexual woman with CP. I have spina bifida. My mother hated her. She thought I became gay and Catholic because of my fiancé. It's as if I had no power to decide for myself in my mother's mind. She liked me being independent when I made choices she liked.