1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tears of Happiness?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BryanM, Nov 20, 2013.

1. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've been looking back the last few years, and I began thinking of such beautiful things I've witnessed that looking back on them it brings me to tears. How certain things I see others do makes me feel so happy inside I cry. One moment in particular gets me every single time.

It was freshman year, and I had just started coming out to people. I was probably out to about 10 people maximum, when someone kind of told a whole bunch of people that I was gay, and I was pissed. I was angry, and sad, and scared, and I was just a mixed bag of emotions. I was afraid to go to school for the first time in years. I ended up going to school, and was fearful all day. Then, sixth hour P.E. came. I knew if something was going to go down, it would go down here. I would be in a secluded room with about 8 or 9 other guys, with only 3 being on my side. They could fairly easily grab me and beat me up. As we were changing, one of them made a smartass remark about how there was a gay person in the locker room. One of the jocks, whom I had had a crush on for the longest time, even afterwards, asked me if I was gay. I ask him back if it would change his view of me, and he said no, and I tell him I'm gay. He then starts to walk over to me and I think to myself "oh no, this is where it starts," but then, he reaches out towards me and gives me a hug, not just one of the short hugs, but a longer one, where you know that person cares about you in some way, whether it be as a friend or something else. We hugged, and then he said "if any of you got a problem with him, you can take it up with me." And I was shocked. Mr. Hot Athletic Popular Guy stood up for me and said he would protect me. Looking back, it always brings a tear to my eye.

Another thing that kind of makes me cry with happiness is looking back at some of my exes text messages he sent me. I know, weird, right? But the back story behind that is that I kind of had self image issues before we got together, and after we were together, he made me a better person, not only to other people, making me want to help others, but making me a better person in my own eyes. One of the messages went like this, and it still gets to me.
    Me: I love you, so much, (his name), more than you could ever realise. <3
    Him: I love you too. I don't want you to change for anyone, because you're perfect just the way you are.

I was just wondering if anyone else has any of these kind of moments, or if I'm just weird like that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're definitely not alone. A lot of my friends tear up when they feel happy, and a prevailing theme of literature isn't likely to be entirely false (how many books don't include "tears of joy"?)

I'm a bit weird; I don't cry/produce tears due to emotions. I tend to have tears when someone else is crying, when I think about crying (I can produce tears on command that way), and when it's dry.

3. Data

Data Guest

Absolutely!

The ONE thing that seems to get me is when I watch videos of soldiers coming home from overseas and surprising their loved ones. The kids are always the best, but the mothers can be just as good sometimes. It makes me so happy when I see their joy that I get a tear or 2 to roll down my cheek.

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I've had tears of laughter and some like, reflexive tears when my friend punched me in the face once but I don't think I've ever cried just from pure happiness about something. Can't remember the last time I cried from being sad either. hm

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well OP, I have tears in my eyes just from reading your story!

Beautiful!

6. sparkly glasses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't really cry when I'm sad but can find myself tearing up if I'm really happy or I've just witnessed / read/ heard something really powerful that resonates with me in some way. After the first time that I properly came out to someone, not going around the issue but saying "she's my girlfriend, I'm gay" I ended up having to go to the toilet and cry. I was just so happy and relieved I'd finally done it!

Sounds like that was a great moment for you so it's no surprise that you remember it so fondly

7. Projectfabulous

Your story is so sweet!! (':

I thing the only time I cried such tears of joy (it was only a couple tears) was when my friend came out to me. I felt so incredibly alone and weird, and when he told me, I realized that someone else understood what I was going through and it just made me happy. Nothing special ahah

8. Ashley

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't usually cry of happiness, but I told this girl I thought she was attractive and she cried. Twice.

9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never cried tears of joy before. I cried when I was born, but after that, I've only cried tears of pain.

10. Silver Sparrow

The soldiers coming home videos always make me cry as well. Ellen giving away things to people. And good endings to What would you do scenarios.