1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a sexual person slowly start to become asexual?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beware Of You, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

I have just noticed in the space of a few weeks my sex drive has been declining, its kinda unexpected. Sometimes I feel repulsed by the idea of sticking my bits near another human being (or vice versa) .

I never used to be this way, sometimes I wish it would be permanent

2. Incognito10

I've gone through periods like this; however, it doesn't last. I think it can depend more on my mood or state of mind in a given time period. At times, I can be highly stressed and moody and or feel the "world" is against me for being gay; and, at these times, I feel quite asexual and repulsed (perhaps due to historical negativity toward homosexuals). This is just my experience. Asexuality, as I understand it, is more sustained over time and not temporary or fickle. I suppose the important consideration is whether there is something underlying or situaitonal or if this is likely something more sustained.

3. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel like this. My sex drive is falling significantly. I'm not depressed nor suffering from any illnesses. I have tried to avoid getting sexually attracted to men and its working to the extent where I find it hard to actually feel any sexual attraction. Now I feel repulsed thinking about people in a sexual way.

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I think so. It could come from:
    - never having valued or enjoyed sex much in the first place
    - burnout from being sexually overactive
    - organic or mental health issues, especially if earlier in one's sexual life cycle
    - "menopauses" for either gender
    - and even more reasons

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best analogy I've heard about libido is to think of it like an ocean wave. Sometimes it's so big and fast that it consumes the beach and obliterates your sand castle. Other times, you get a low tide, where the beach has been extended by several hundred feet. And sometimes, it's a tsunami...better get to higher ground if that happens.

6. Two Spirit

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I have a good friend whos sex drive is just like the wave AwesomeGaytheist is talking about. He can hook up with a different guy every night for a month, and then not even think guys are attractive for months on end. I think, at least in his case, it's directly related to free time. During finals and midterms he has no sex drive, during breaks he's like a rabbit.