1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adhd?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PookaciousOne, Nov 20, 2013.

1. PookaciousOne

Anyone here have ADHD? I am an adult with ADHD and I am constantly told it does exist much like a lot of people like myself who are bisexual have been told that isn't real either

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm also bi and have ADHD. Greetings from another person who doesn't exist :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Can someone explain it, in easy to understand terms, and how it differs from ADD? Does it start early in life? Could it come on late? How does it differ from the lack of concentration that could accompany depression? Could there be comorbidity? Thanks.

I do believe that it exists, or they wouldn't have come up with medication for it such a long time ago.

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It used to be that ADD was if you just had trouble paying attention and ADHD was if you had trouble paying attention and also were hyperactive. They've since changed it so that it's now all called ADHD just with different types.

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was tested for ADD in 2007 and that is indeed my particular plague (my daughter had the same issues and I finally recognized them as issues because of her). Ritalin helps, but the effect wears off rather quick, and sometimes I find myself hyper-concentrating on the wrong things...:rolle: