1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confidence boost!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BookDragon, Nov 21, 2013.

1. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So yesterday I did something amazing.

I made a friend!

The first friend I've made as Holly. The first friend I've made in 10 years. The first friend I've made that I didn't become friends with because they hung out with someone I was already friends with. All by myself.

It was far and away the least smooth "let's be friends" ever, I've never asked someone outright for permission to add them on facebook before (and while I don't consider FB friending to be the sign of a new friendship it means we've exchanged contacts and can talk outside our weekly therapy group). I can't believe what a good feeling it's given me, because it's shown me that I can actually go out, talk to people and they find me interesting enough that they want to spend MORE time with me. I'm so pleased with myself!

Essentially I'm posting because I am so pleased with my sad little achievement that I want to tell people about it but I think most people would not understand why making friends is such a challenge for me! But since me sitting here bragging about how I managed to do something normal human beings do every day without issue, I figure I'd ask if anyone else has done anything recently that has improved their confidence?

2. Xochipilli

It is most certainly not a sad little achievement!
    Yay ElliOtaku!
    :eusa_danc

3. tex st

tex st Guest

congrats congrats congrats!!!! it's a GREAT achievement especially when you describe the whole thing

4. Silver Sparrow

Yay for holly!

5. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good luck with your new friend!

I often struggle with making new friends as well so hearing this made my day a little better

6. MrBrightside

Congratulations! I remember how big a deal this was for me when id gone years without friends, im so glad you're getting back on track!

My confidence was boosted massively by a guy showing interest in me, and thinking im hot, doesnt matter that he played me, the sentiment stuck :slight_smile:

7. Congrats. I, for one, am jealous of your ability to make friends. That's not a small accomplishment in my eyes.

8. Emulator

It's certainly not a small thing. And I'm sure it's nice to have a friend. :slight_smile:

My confidence boost? I told someone about my situation and they didn't react negatively. In fact, they gave advice.

9. Tzoa

Yay, Holly!! This is not a "sad little achievement" at all! Finding friends is really hard. Finding one is something to celebrate!

10. Nick07

Thanks for making me smile so early in the morning :slight_smile:

Actually, it was you who helped to boost up my confidence when you answered my anon thread, so yay for Holly! :slight_smile:

#10 Nick07, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013