1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is conservatism making a comeback?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by staychill, Nov 21, 2013.

1. staychill

staychill Guest

Hey everyone. So, it seems that many of the politically moderate individuals that I know are a bit upset with the recent changes that the Obama administration has done regarding the NSA. Is it just me, or is the republican party making a comeback? I personally hope that this isn't the case, but what are your opinions on it?

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Republican party currently has a lower approval rating than President Obama and the democrats, and I believe it will stay that way. More millennials = more progressive voters.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No. Conservatism is not making a comeback. It's just that evil and the desire to make others unduly suffer has always been a very strong minority force in the United States.

#3 Pret Allez, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  4. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    No. But there are other, more evil threats on the rise that we'll have to deal with.

5. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't say conservatism is really making a "comeback." It's just that America goes through transitions where it favors one party and its agenda over the other. It depends on the circumstances.

However, 2016 is looking more and more favorable for Republicans, although it's still far too early.

6. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If this has anything to do with Obamacare, it's more of the fact that Obamacare originally had it mandatory that you sign up for it by January. Now the main problem was that there was only one place you could do that, and that was on a website that still has problems working. So now from what I'm hearing, Obamacare is becoming scarily close to Romneycare, or what Romneycare was presented as. Nothing to do with conservativism, really. Honestly, I see both parties as equally terrible, and I only voted for Obama because voting for Romney would have been practically signing my own death warrant.

7. Obamacare is a stab in the back. That fucker basically sold us out to continued medical dependance on the insurance industry instead of providing an actual solution.

8. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Republicans and the Democrats are both right-wing, but the Democrats are slightly better.

The very powerful interest groups often use heterosexual, white suburban people (men and women) as their power base, appealing to the fear of "abnormality" that exists in that demographic.

So yes, you could say that. Conservatives have got their talons into both parties, so it's choosing between Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum; you get Wall Street meddling either way.

9. Data

Data Guest

I think it is. The dems are making a fool of themselves and the people are getting fed up. I think 2016 will be a moderate conservative that gets elected. It must be a moderate that the GOP puts up for election, because I don't think any of the more radical (my favorites) players will have a chance.

Obamacare has been a total trainwreck so far (as we all predicted) and before the bandaid it had cancelled more plans then it had enrolled. Obama still hasn't pulled any troops, created any jobs, or done anything worthy of a peace prize.

The conservatives just need to wait. Our time will come after Obummer fizzles out and becomes a lame duck in 2015 and 2016.

10. And your folks will pull troops, create jobs, and act in a manner worthy of a Nobel Prize? Recent behavior suggests quite the contrary. Give me one good reason why I should give them any measure of trust at all.

11. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Obama hardly acted in a manner worthy of winning a Nobel Prize, either. He's a war-mongering almost-conservative, too. That's not to say that the Democrats aren't the better option between the two parties.

In any case, "Obamacare" had to go through the process of conservative watering-down multiple times.

12. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Obama is a genocidal scumbag, on the same level as Bush and Mussolini. In fact, Obama, like any other president has a death toll surpassing that of Mussolini. Equating Obama with Mussolini would be an insult to the Fascist dictator.

Why aren't you liberals decrying this or Obama's transphobia regarding the way he's letting the military torment Chelsea Manning - The silence is deafening.

13. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Appalling information distribution, the fact that many US liberals are actually conservatives, and a general willingness to be deceived when information is given.

Mussolini had malice. Obama just doesn't care; it's easier for him to let atrocities than to do the right thing and face opposition.

14. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not where I live. Conservatism? It's SO blue that sometimes it makes me blush red. Younger generations are way more liberal and free of a lot of conventions, though there is still peer pressure, that a swing over to conservatism is not likely. I think that there are a few blips in the news now and then that might bring up this concern. Yet, look at how adamantly young people were against Romney/Ryan.

15. Democrats are pretty damn bad, too. This whole government is corporate shills.

16. Data

Data Guest

I didn't say that, only that Obama hasn't done what he promised.

I think a conservative president would secure the border, clean up the welfare system so it is a safety net and not a life style, and secure benefits and care for veterans.

You won't understand the border part unless you live in a border state. AZ bleeds money like a stuck pig because if all the illegals. If the Feds did their jobs, we wouldn't have to use SB1070 and sue the federal government to do their job.

The way people live off welfarw is disgusting. If I work hard for my paycheck, I don't want it going to ANYONE but the neediest of the poor. The way it is, there's no incentive to get off welfare. If Obama created the jobs he said he would, that would be just swell because then all those leeches could leave the welfare pool to those who actually NEED it and go fill some of the jobs. Finally, I think it's disgusting that veterans don't get their pensions and healthcare when things get shaky in Congress. A soldier who was disabled in war should NOT be living on the street and he should not be forced to choose between going to the VA and treated like garbage or sitting at home foregoing help and contemplating suicide.

We'll see who the GOP puts up for election. I really do hope it's a moderate who can identify with the independant majority of America. If they put up another idiot like McCain or Palin, it won't end well. Romney was good, but everyone wanted that Obamacare so they didn't consider him. A good moderate will give us the best chance.

Politics aside, Bush was a better person and a better American then Obama could ever be. Bush climbed the pile of rubble with a bullhorn and rallied Americans. Obama either doesn't show up, or he shows up a few days later to push some agenda he has and use the victims as pawns of his chessboard. Deplorable.

17. Manning is no hero, she is a fool who put thousands of local informants at risk from Islamic extremists with what she did.

18. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree liberals are conservatives but the Obama apologetics...Wow.

19. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People have no choice, and conservatives never give any incentive at all; when was the last time conservatives did any more than put the poor into more poverty and literally make it impossible to get more money? The poorest of the poor are abundant in the US, despite the "welfare leeches" and other complaints about the poor. If it didn't cross your mind; there are more government subsidies to massive companies than there are to the poor in the US.

Romney was, from the perspective of anyone not in the US, an absolute idiot and a danger to international stability, as well as a liability to the US people.

Might I remind you that "illegals" is a degrading term and if someone seeks to come to the US because of poverty, they damn well deserve to be treated well. That goes for anywhere.

#19 Aussie792, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  20. So? I'm not an Obama supporter.

Will that president also do something to fix the immediate massive surge in agriculture prices?

I do live in a border state, and we seem to have done just fine without adopting AZ's policies. I would wager we do much better than you guys, in fact.

Most people on welfare have jobs and want to get off of it, because being on welfare actually sucks quite a damn bit.
    The problem is that the jobs we do have pay shit and have no benefits. No defense of either party there. People done fucked up. However, I do completely fail to see how Republicans have the better record with this.
    Again, I fail to see how Republicans act better than Democrats here.
    Romney is a corporate shill, just like Obama.

No. Just no. I hate Obama as much as any other green blooded liberal, but Bush did far worse to the economy and educational system than Obama has managed to.