1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh, the trials!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Formality, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Formality

"Lucky" seems to be the opposite of what I always am. So to make a long story short I broke my thumb two days ago in a quite unfortunate attempt at what apparently is called "skiing"... Whatever it's called, I wouldn't know!

This was only one in the series of multiple unlucky happenings in my life the last year. Last season I could barely ski at all (which is pretty much the only thing I want to do) because of my crappy knees being all crappy and stuff. And this year being back on top hopeful and more than, what can be described as happy, I'm as unlucky as to get sick for the three first weeks of the season only to come back for two days, break my thumb and crush my ribcage in what can only be described as the most painful event of my life so far, both mentally an physically. Now what awaits is a month on hiatus. How excited am I?

One thing that is quite funny about this whole experience is that I think this is all a conspiracy against me by my "oh so wonderful" Swedish teacher mrs. Andersson. She apparently thought I was too far behind in school to even get to go skiing with the rest of the team. And now that I did instead of following her advice she decided to break my thumb. I don't know how she did it but the motives are there so I mean.. Why not? Right..?

2. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

Well, that sucks. I went through something similar earlier this year with an injury slowing down my progress. So what I will say is use the recovery time to do something productive. Catch up on reading. Create something cool. Just don't sit around and mope.

3. Silver Sparrow

I doubt that your teacher actively set up a situation like this. If she did, that would be bad.

4. Formality

I thought the irony was obvious, but I wouldn't know :s My friends always say it's hard to tell when I'm being ironic, I don't know if that's good or bad (most probably the latter). I know my teacher had nothing to do with my injury but I still like to joke about it with my friends, cus she sincerely hates me (at least those are the vibes I get).

Yeah I try not to mope and instead stay positive/optimistic, Starry Eyes. It's hard to be productive though since my left hand is not my main hand and so it's not very effective at work. I really miss playing the piano but second and foremost skiing. I really couldn't have injured it at a worse time either, the season has just started and I really need to improve my FIS points before the junior championships late March. But yeah... I guess I should be happy I didn't get worse injured considering the severeness of the collision.

5. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really don't think she would do that.... :confused: