1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freaking stereotypes...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by XingSarangBi, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XingSarangBi

XingSarangBi Guest

Why would they assume one has to the 'guy'...?? We're both girls, dammit! If one of two people thinks this way...then in the whole population...scary number of people will have that idea.
    What stereotypes have angered you at one point or another?

2. they assume since I like to date other womyn - I must actually want to be a man

umm no - there is a real name for that - and it is NOT lesbian orientation/gender not the same thing

3. XingSarangBi

XingSarangBi Guest

Hey! and doesn't it bother you?? It bothers me a lot...because every single relationship should not be viewed as a man and woman relationship...if we're both female then so be it. That's how I feel anyway! But you don't mind! Wow! :slight_smile:

4. sammy1

That being a lesbian is just a phase or we just do it for attention. I mean some women kiss girls just to get guys off but those are not lesbians

5. thesharkamander

I really hate that "Who's the man and who's the woman?" thing.
    It's like
    That kinda defeats the idea that we're the same gender.
    ._.

6. XingSarangBi

XingSarangBi Guest

Exactly! We are the same gender...it hurts when people assume otherwise...

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They feel comfortable in their black and white worlds. Man + woman; if you challenge that simple thing it causes cognitive dissonance when they're met with a same-sex couple. It's also remarkably sexist. They're almost always asking who's dominant and who's submissive, in all aspects.

I hate all stereotypes. When you break them, people (read: white heterosexual males, who aren't expected to abide by humiliating stereotypes) have this attitude of "how dare you try to be a person with your own characteristics? Why won't you let me pigeon-hole you?"

8. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    First worlders are crybabies. Oh wait that's actually true.

9. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sadly, the people who complain about how whiny first-world people are are the middle-class white males, saying that others in the first world should be grateful because others are worse-off. Naturally, they care about neither.

Stereotypes about middle-class white males tend to be true, yes.

10. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Eh, not sure why you limit it to just them. Once again, First World Workers are petite bourgeois, so they have little to complain about.

And I technically may be middle class, but I've rejected the lifestyle. I use the cheapest internet I can, I buy from second hand stores, and for god's sake, I'm Bigender, not a male.

I do my best not to feed the Capitalist system, whereas the First World so-caled proletariat does.

---------- Post added 23rd Nov 2013 at 02:42 PM ----------

I could list more privileges that I've eschewed, but I don't want to look pretentious.

11. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Does that have anything at all to do with the topic at hand? Or are you just trying to be controversial? I can't see how it relates to the ways in which stereotypes can range from bothersome to hurtful.

12. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't mean for that to be offensive and I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

13. Silver Sparrow

My least favorite stereotype is that non-monosexual people are either confused and/or promiscuous.

14. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That its only a phase or that how do you know if your gay if you haven't kissed a guy. Those two are annoying! Another one I can't stand is the assumption that all Mexicans are illegal I know it doesn't have anything to do with this topic but its still a stereotype that I can't stand.

15. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    "You're gay therefore you're promiscuous and/or incapable of having a monogamous, long term relationship."

16. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok, you may be a disgusting white male who's a sexist, racist and misogynist but could you keep your opinions about the rest of us to yourself? Stop basing stereotypes on one sole race, class and sexuality. By saying what you say you're no better than the bigots who spew hate about sex, race and sexuality.

So could you do the people who are working towards equality a favor and just keep you little mouth shut? You are contributing nothing but hate and vitriol. :dry:

17. ba92

Out Status:
    A few people
    I really, REALLY don't like the "because you're bi you'll become more sexually active" phrase

18. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What an inappropriately hostile response. I'm a white male, but I'm not racist or sexist. I'm just commenting on my observation of people, one that's reflected in general reality.

And no better? Saying (with a good amount of accuracy) that white males tend to be sexist and racist is not the same as saying black people and women are worth less. White men's feelings may be hurt, but only because they have guilt. Your fervent defence of sexists and racists isn't helping. What am I supposed to do? Racists and sexists exist, but I'm not allowed to say who benefits from it and who tends to be sexist and racist?

So while I actually try to help with equality, go on being a disrespectful idiot. I don't appreciate being told to "shut my little mouth" and then ironically get told I'm bigoted and being hateful and vitriolic.

I never said you were. But that doesn't mean as a general group, white men are problematic.

#18 Aussie792, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  19. SomeNights

Cue personal attacks and go locked thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.