1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Support Group

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rainbow Girl, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Rainbow Girl

So there's this free counselling centre in my city and they a program dedicated LGBT youth issues. The program offers of services including a youth that meets every two weeks. There's meeting coming up a few days and I'm thinking about going but the problem is I'm ready to come out to my parents yet and I'd need them to drop me off.

My Mom and I were talking the other about how since I'm having a hard time friends at my new school we need to find ways for me to make friends outside of school. I was thinking of telling my parents where to take and saying it was a general youth group for anyone who's looking to meet other teenagers.

Is it bad to lie to them like that? And would that lie be believable?

2. PalestrinaMX

Sometimes when you can't tell parents the truth for one reason or another a little white lie won't hurt you, especially if it helps you. Not only will you get to meet other and befriend them, but they may also make you more comfortable with coming out to your parents.

I know when I started to know other gay people I became a lot more comfortable.

3. Silver Sparrow

Could you get dropped off a few blocks away and say you are going to meet a friend?

4. girlonfire

You don't have to be completely honest with them all the time, especially with a topic as delicate as sexuality. You'll tell them when you're ready; for now, saying you're going to a friend's house or a general youth group would be best.

5. Rainbow Girl

Thanks for advice guys. I think tomorrow on my lunch hour at school I'm gonna call the women who's in charge of the group to get some more information and see if there's anyway my parents wouldn't be able to tell exactly what the group is about. If not I'll tell them I'm going to support a friend. The idea of having them drop me off a few blocks are is good one but it's in part of town I don't know well and it would be after dark.