1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversation with my mother

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jinx, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Jinx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I had a wonderful conversation with my mother last night. This is the first real conversation we've had revolving around my homosexuality since I came out. My parents have nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't com eup much because they don't see it as anything that needs to be talked about. I'm just a normal person, their child whom they love. As some of you may have read I was told not to return back to work beacuse they found out I was gay. (Private Christian school) So I've been looking for diffrent jobs. I found a palce I was to work at but it's in California. I Live in Alaska. I've been meaning to move because I need better health care then I can get here. (I have an autoimmune disease and not many doctors here even know what it is) So I ahve decided I'm going to move to Fremont. We talk about my worried and fears of getting bad thigns said about me from my past job when I try to get a new one. From that we went on to talking about childen and how I can't have kids so I'm hoping my wife will or we'll adopt. We talked about legal issues around having kids. It was just a good conversation over all. Nice to talk about these thigns without it being odd. (!)(!)

2. agraves

That's awesome that you were able to have such a good conversation with her. I wish I could talk to my parents like that, but they have no clue about me. Lucky for me, my job doesn't care what your orientation is as long as you work. Of course, I don't have a great job...I work in a shopping mall. Plus, I'm not alone. I have a gay coworker. I hope things work out well for you with the new job.

3. Psychedelic Bookmarks

That's great. Good luck with your move and securing a new job!

4. Hoppip

Good job!

(Tell your church to suck it and then go to Cali!)

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Good luckkk!

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I bet that did feel good. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. I hope they don't bad mouth you to future employers. I think they would be stupid to do it. It would make them look like the bad guy.

6. LowestVocal017

Aww, honey, I'm glad for you! :slight_smile: Your parents reacted and handled it much better than my own when I came out. Actually, I was forced out, for my dad suspected me and his nature to crank truths out of me (I have a very secretive nature) caused him to one day bombard me with questions. Neither of them seemed okay with it: my mom said that I can change if I want to and should "because two guys can't get married!" and my dad made it official that I cannot bring my future boyfriend/fiance home for dinner because he "doesn't want to know about my private life; I'm guessing that my homosexuality is nothing more than mere raw sex with guys to him.

May I also say just how close you'll be to me when you move?? My home town is just 45 minutes north of you, and my college town, where I'm staying at currently, is an hour and 1/2 south! My gosh! We should hang out some time, if you're up for it! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

#6 LowestVocal017, Jun 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2008