1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking younger

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MtnFr3sh, Nov 25, 2013.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Is it a blessing, or a curse?
    Well, it reality it's both for people of different ages.
    We all want to look younger when we're older and we all want to look older when er're younger.

Some of us have a naturally youthful look. I'm one of them.
    I am 16, and I look like I'm freaking 13. Hairless (I actually like that part though) It's not like I'm yet to hit puberty or anything, no, I have, did in 6th grade, perhaps earlier.

I talk to people online in random chatrooms, and other guys that are a tad older say they wouldn't date me say they'd feel like a pedophile... Every person my age I've talked to has said that. Pretty sure everybody else that I'd meet IRL would say the same damn thing -_-
    Try telling me that this doesn't look 13 or younger :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/members/20945-albums4888-picture41933.jpg
    Anyway, this in the chit chat thing so, what do you guys think about looking younger or older than you really are?

2. Drago2012

Wow, yes, you do look very young. Though I wouldn't worry about it much yet. Wait till you're in your 20s, I'm sure you'll look more mature then.
    I wish I looked a bit younger, though I've been told that I look 25ish and I'm 29, so I suppose that's good, but I'm starting to get a LOT of white hair :frowning2:, which is why I want to start dying my hair (maybe dark red :lol: )

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had students' parents think I'm a high school student doing work experience, when I was in my final year of university. It really just makes me laugh.

4. Drago2012

Wow, that reminds me of a friend who is 24 and people think that she is 15. But I think its more common for girls to look younger.

5. GayJay

I'm almost 18, my brother is 12/13..people think were twins.
    Granted he's fairly 'mature' and tall for his age(taller, heavier and more hair on his face than me anyway) but it still annoys me.

I went somewhere with my mum like 2 weeks ago, it said 'you most be 14 and above' I spent ages explaining to the bouncer I was in fact a fair bit over this age.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Blair, our staff social worker and board member, still gets mistaken for a high-schooler when he's working with some of his foster care kids, and he's almost 28. I have another friend who's turning 30 this year and looks maybe 20.

It can be inconvenient, but it's also a blessing. I can promise you that in a few years you'll come to appreciate it :slight_smile:

7. Ticklish Fish

you're 16... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: maybe a couple years of stress could mature your face

just enjoy life, because maybe in a couple of years you'll get hair and other things, maybe you won't, maybe you will. It's a mystery to find out~

8. Sarcastic Luck

I've never liked it. I'm 25 now and depending on the person my age can go from 12-14. It doesn't help that I'm short. Some people say that I look older in photographs, but I'm a bit dubious about this.

Regardless, it's very frustrating since people hard a hard time taking me seriously. I've been flat accused of lying about my age before.

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Oh believe me. People used to ask for my older sister when I'd answer the phone and they wanted me. I've always looked young, even presenting female.

If it's any consoldence, you may be carded until you're in your 30s.

10. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, I'm in this boat for sure. I'm 20 now, and people think I'm somewhere between 15 and 18. And although I still can't enter any bars, I'm sure I'll be constantly carded, starting next year.

Although it's been really odd. For most of my life, people used to think I was 1-2 years younger. Now that gap has expanded.

As for it being a blessing or a curse? Eh.. It is what it is, I suppose.

11. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Yeah that's probably me. I dunno I think my profile pic here could pass for 15 or 16. At the very least I don't think I look 18 which I was when it was taken. I'm cool with it since I'm not interested in older guys.

12. method

I still look like a kid. Hence my name.

It's awesome, I get charged at student discounts at most places without even asking.

13. Renge

It's hard cause people treating me like their younger sister. But not when I'm with my sister, I look more mature and she does look much much younger and has that baby face despite that she's 19 years old. People think I'm the older one.

14. thekillingmoon

I hated it when I was younger, it's good though. It means I'll look 20-something when I'm in my 30s. Even now I'd probably get IDed for buying alcohol. If I wore more make up I could pass for 20-something I suppose.

15. justjade

I look young, I guess. It kind of sucks now, but everyone says I'll be thankful for it when I'm 40.

16. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 21, but I've been told I look 16. It's a good thing, especially 30 years from now.

17. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Apparently people say I look way older. Like I'm 22 and people say I'm 30. :confused: I am so flabbergasted.

18. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 17, but I've been told I look almost 19 or 20. And yeah, you look a bit younger than 16, but I wouldn't worry about it yet. Just wait a few years and you may look older.

Honestly, I'm fine with people thinking I'm older than I am. Most people who just meet me treat me like an adult instead of a teenager.

19. kem

kem

When I was 18, people told me I looked like I was 15-16. I'm not sure what the difference was but I took it as a compliment. Personally I think I look my age, give or take a year.
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/members/7994-albums2927-picture41964.html

I think you look like you're 14-16. My brother has some friends who are 14 but look like they're 19, so I guess it varies a lot.

#19 kem, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  20. Coinshot

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Up until I was 16 or 17, people used to think me and my younger sister (by 3 and a half years) were the same age, and in some cases, that she was older. Now, I look a fair bit older but some people still think I'm around 18, so there's still that age gap. Apparently looking young runs in the family. I know it'll be awesome when I get older though.

I also have a friend who just....doesn't seem to age. When I first met him at 18, I thought he was my age, but he was actually 23. The funny part is I've gone to his house a few times and saw a picture of what he looked like in highschool. Minus some facial hair, he looked almost exactly the same as he does now!