1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you fallen for the straight one yet?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Galah2, Nov 27, 2013.

?

Have you fallen for a straight person?

1. Yup.

106 vote(s)
    82.2%
  2. No. (lucky)

20 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. Not yet...

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. Galah2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    How many of you have felt the pain of falling for mr/s. I'm-perfect-and-perfectly-straight?

2. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

But of course. In the end I think we usually make them out to be more perfect then they are. rose colored glasses or w.e. Coming back to reality and fixating on all the reasons it wouldnt work for me is usually how to end a straight crush

3. person57

Sadly, yes :'(

4. WallWeed

I've fallen hard for three people my entire life, all of which were perfectly straight. The third of those I'm still completely enamored with, and given that she's my roommate, it's absolute TORTURE.

5. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

The only person I've fallen for was a lesbian. It still didn't work out, but that was for other reasons...

6. Mrtambourineman

Yep..but he was a real ladies man.He described his many sexual conquests to me.Usually in great detail too....

7. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm bi and have crushed on girls, so yeah. As for my guy crushes, some have been straight, some have maintained they're straight but I have my doubts, and others haven't been straight.

#7 SemiCharmedLife, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  8. musicrebel

Yes. I fell so hard for this girl. I had the biggest crush on her for 2.5 years.

9. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Suits are usually straight and that's who catches my eye. How can it be a denial thing? I thought they were hot when I was a teen. Back then, I didn't process this sort of stuff. Their being hot was a knee-jerk thing.

So the answer is: yes, quite often.

But a gay guy who looks like this is just as crushworthy:

http://www.standupfoundation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/BB_MG_8836-edit.jpg

10. Yun2013

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh, god, yes. It hurts, but you learn to deal with it. I respect him too much not to.

11. Strathclyder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  12. chrisV

multiple times. i once had a crush on this one guy, and he somehow knew, and told me that he's straight, but he took it as a compliment that i liked him.

13. mkchoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm head over heals for this one girl but she's most likely straight. It's really hard to do things without revealing my feelings to her

14. girlonfire

Right now I am, and I keep telling myself it can't happen and to get over her, but I CAN'T :frowning2:

15. AKTodd

I answered No, but it was sort of complicated.

I had a housemate in college who I became very good friends with. I was in my major coming out mode and was out to everyone in the house (5 other guys, including this guy, all straight - as far as I knew). Anyway, he and I got to be very good friends. Similar interests, similar snarky sense of humor, and both liked to wrestle from time to time. He was also around 6'2" or 6'3", muscular, good looking in an 'adorkable' sort of way, and quite furry.

One summer day, I was walking to the campus and thinking how cool it was that I'd made such a good new friend. And then this little voice said 'you know, you're becoming attracted to him'.

I stopped right there on the sidewalk for maybe 10 minutes and had a good think about that. A basic rule I've had since the beginning is that I don't mess around with straight guys. So there was no way this was going to happen. So I decided that I'd just wait until school started in a couple months and then set about meeting someone who was like him but gay. Ok, problem solved, feelings relegated to minor annoyance that would soon be dealt with, on we go with our life:thumbsup:

That plan worked great for about a month, when we were hanging out one night on the sidewalk in front of the house and he came out to me. He was gay too. Somewhat against my better judgement I decided to tell him that I found him attractive but it was ok if he didn't feel the same way. He said he needed to think about it but would get back to me (which was pretty normal for him). So about a week goes by and then we're walking to a video store to rent a movie when he stops me and says we need to talk.

We sat down on a bench and he told me that he was attracted to me too (woo-hoo!!). But as a Christian he couldn't act on his attraction and could never have a relationship with me (say what now?!). The next several weeks included me trying to convince him to change his mind, tears (from him), apologies and a long talk (from me), which led to several rounds of making out/sex/sleeping together (he slipped, I encouraged him), him deciding he needed to move out of the house, and more tears (from me this time). All in all NOT a fun time.

We saw each other a couple times after that, before I eventually left the state and moved here to VA. A few years later I heard from him via email (he'd tracked me down online). He'd come to accept being gay and started dating. So it worked out OK in the end:slight_smile: We exchanged Xmas cards for a few years and have since lost touch with each other. But I occasionally wonder what he's up to and I always wish him well.

Todd

16. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fallen for? Yes. Fallen HARD for? Not yet, thank goodness.

17. leer

going to school there was this guy ''Scot'' about 30 and we caught the same train he worked in a bank looked lovely in his suit . we chatted most morning and he was really hansom we just chatted about sport mostly sad thing is he wore a wedding ring although didnt talk about his wife i was 14-15 at the time .

18. Au.Quicksilver

I have fallen in love with someone asexual, so I said straight. It sort of counts. I think.

19. SkyDiver

Many times. UGH.

20. prism

Allegedly straight. I fell in love with her five minutes after we met, but I thought she was straight so I didn't do anything about it. She flirted with me for an entire semester, asked me out, and then changed her mind and decided she was straight. /shrug