1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A missed opportunity

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rainbow Panda, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Rainbow Panda

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello lovely people
    Have you ever had the chance to talk to someone who appeared like a person that you should get to know, but didn't?

Today at uni I saw this girl. Something about her told me that I should just talk to her and try to maybe get to know her. She was walking sort of behind me/next to me and we turned the same corner and later entered the same door to the restroom. When I got out I considered waiting for her outside to just say hello to her or make some form of contact. I , however, chickened out and walked to my class room. For the next two hours during the lecture I sat there regretting that I didn't stay.
    I don't know, it just seemed wrong and I felt a little wrong inside, like I had missed a golden opportunity.

I am just wondering if it has every happened to any of you, or if you are the kind of people who just go with your gut feeling no matter what? And what you would have done in this situation :grin:

2. I am afraid I have never been the one to approach - many times I have wanted to but just never had the nerve

probably why it has been 11 years with out a date since my partner died.

3. Sitri

Do you know what my signature says? "Not even Jupiter can find a lost opportunity". They are words I try to live by, though I admit it doesn't always work.
    Every day, I stand in the hallway and wait for my crush to walk past, and I tell myself I'm going to talk to him, but I never do.

4. Rainbow Panda

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I find it a bit interesting and a bit sad that people seem a bit terrified to contact eachother nowadays. Everything has become so convenient what with the internet and chat sites and dating sites. Everything has become so distanced. From my experience people usually only tend to loosen up when they are influenced by alcohol.
    I don't know what I am trying to say, except that it is a shame.
    Sitri I wish that I could live by that too, I think I will try it out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I hope that you work up the courage to talk to your crush, at least you know that it is someone that you have the chance to see again, so I hope that you will take the chance and not kick yourself liek I am kicking myself right now :grin:

5. MrBrightside

The last time this happened to me was last sunday, there was a guy i liked, but i didnt know what to say to him even if i had the nerve, i kinda just said "you were really good" when he finished the karaoke, he said thanks... then i added him on fb like a weirdo cos i was steaming!

The way i look at it though, you cant talk to everyone, and you are bound to miss opportunities. However as long as you can give a good reason why, you're fine. If its meant to be it will be. Just dont have any regrets :slight_smile:

6. Caillin

One time a girl invited me to sit with her friends at lunch but I was to scared to say yes so i turned it down I wish I had said yes though.