1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awesome simple things about life.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jeneric, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Jeneric

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am having a horrible day. Instead of dwelling on it anybody got some simple things they love about life?

Right now all I got is avo on vegemite on toast. Seriously it's like heaven in food form. I'm going to go have some.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love that when I go to practice archery behind my house, my landlord's cat always runs up and rubs against my legs until I pet him. He will then move to the side and observe me as I practice. My landlords said the cat doesn't do that with anyone else, which makes me feel special.

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dog and I are basically inseparable every time I come home.

4. penguin machine

It's not simple, it's the single most profound thought about life anybody ever had.

After the big bang, atoms formed from a plasma that permeated the universe. They formed stars and lived billions of years before blowing up, scattering those atoms as well as new ones across the entire universe. Some of those atoms formed a stellar nursery, from which the sun emerged, surrounded by dust that would later form planets. Some of that dust would undergo abiogenesis on the surface of one such world. It would replicate, evolve, and thrive, and produce you, and me, after 4 billion years of harsh struggle, competition, and countless brushes with extinction. Our atoms emerged from the opaque plasma at the beginning of time and travelled across the universe, through stars and a planet and life in the ocean and in plants and animals, dinosaurs, and even people. Just so we could be here, me typing this, and you reading it. And you are able to contemplate it.

5. Hexagon

Acts of kindness without reward.

6. Tzoa

I love how warm my arm gets when the sunlight comes in through the glass door behind my living room chair.

I love how when my ferret comes out he immediately starts hopping around. And he'll just come up and randomly lick me, too. When he playfully attacks my foot too hard and I say "ow!" he'll immediately stop and lick where he attacked me. I love that. It's like he's apologizing.

I love how my cat will press her face to me, purr and then curl up against me.

I love how I have one pair of shoes that click against the ground, and one pair that make no noise. The first pair makes me feel professional. The second pair make makes me feel stealthy.

I really love fresh washed sheets and warm blankets.

7. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

You cant beat a dogs welcome when you get home. Mine goes mad, wags her tail and jumps up at me sometimes. She all ways cheers me up.

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thought is just the universe attempting to understand itself. :slight_smile: The process which got us here was not simple, but the act itself is simple and awesome.

I came in here prepared with a "petting your dog who loves you unconditionally" post and was rewarded with a star stuff explanation. I was pleasantly surprised. :grin:

9. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love those days where you wake up and it's raining and you just stay in bed and listen to the rain as a nice background for music. If it isn't raining, a rain noise simulator can also do the trick.