1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just came out... Looking for railroad employees for advice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bycherboy, Mar 11, 2007.

1. bycherboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, actually as far as i know I'm the only gay railroad employee alive. This can't be, but it sure seems that way. None of the railraods have glbt networks that i'm aware of. I've been working for the Union Pacific for 31 years and I guess i'm the first guy to come out. It's been like the shot heard around the world. Been PRETTY SCARY. Can anyone open any avenues of info for me.

2. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Well last time i checked, your employment is irrelevant. If you're looking for support, there's really no need to try and find one specifically for your career. I assume you are talking about groups such as "LGBT farmers against discrimination" and the like. These kinds of groups not only are harder to find, but can provide inferior aid compared to such organizations such as a local chapter of PFLAG and related organizations.

I suggest, put an advertisement in the local paper asking them to make themselves known, it can be anonymous but you'll get fewer results. Just provide an email address, but careful, you can be subject to discrimination providing such information.

EDIT:And if you really want to, start up a organization yourself but honestly. I think you probably might be the only LGBT railroad worker in a 5 mile squared area.

3. dingdim

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It seems to be common for all of you to use the word LGTB. Can there be the one who tell me the meaning of that?or even more such kind of words......
    I hope that would not be a so silly question for a new comer from hong kong.
    furthermore, i don't understand the meaning of the thread. Maybe my english is really bad. But i really want to understand that.
    It may be a good practise of comprehension of my coming a-level exam. Anyone could help me?

4. GuitarGirl1350

LGBT= Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender

=]

5. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Dingdim, don't be afraid to ask any questions.

It's the only way you'll learn :slight_smile:!