1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are bisexual men usually more manly?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BearLover, Nov 28, 2013.

1. BearLover

BearLover Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Now in your opinion, have you found that bisexual men are more manly?

And no, just because this is a stereotype doesn't mean it isn't true. A lot of the time when there is a stereotype people automatically come to a conclusion that it is false, they say it in defense. It must be somewhat true because people wouldn't say it, gay men are stereotyped as being feminine and I can agree with that to some extent, I know some really feminine people that are gay (not saying all gay men are feminine.)

I was reading on wikipedia that there were several studies suggesting that bisexuals have a high degree of masculisation and have fewer insecurities than other sexualities. People that are exposed to excess levels of sex hormones before birth have masculinized brains and show increased bisexuality.

I'm bisexual and consider myself to be quite manly, I don't have any feminine interests at all. I am completely into manly things.

The older man that I have mentioned in my previous posts is bisexual also, he is very manly and horny, I can tell.

Agree?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree that you've named two bisexual males that happen to be manly, but that is about it. None of the bi guys I know are what you would call manly. They are not necessarily feminine but they certainly aren't manly.

3. Gen

Gen

Are they inherently more masculine? No.

Do they have more pressure to act more masculine? Yes.

There is great stigma with femininity in every sector of male sexuality, from heterosexual to homosexual. Although femininity in men is still scrutinized amongst gay men, there are still a nice handful of them who couldn't care less. The thing about being bisexual is that half of their dating pool resides outside of the LGBTQ community. While many heterosexual women are accepting of feminine men on a platonic level, extremely few approve of it in their romantic partners. Likewise with bisexual woman and masculinity. A woman who is anything other than feminine will not bode will in the heterosexual community.

4. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I see no correlation between mannerisms and sexuality amongst people I know. I've met a wide range of people, most of whom aren't stereotypical in terms of their gender/orientation roles. Stereotypes, in general, are abhorrent. They serve little purpose and create wide disparity between inadvertently different groups. People should focus on who an individual is and what they personally stand for, but more often than not, people are labelled before they even get a chance to establish who they are. I will never understand the obsession with fitting others into restrictive boxes with a label haphazardly slapped across the lid, which is tightly shut.

5. Techno Kid

I know it's hard being lonely, (looking at your mood) but this would sound less effeminophobic (and be better received) if you also said in your thread that you have nothing against femme guys, but are just not attracted to them.

To answer the actual content of the thread: I don't think it is more prevalent for bi guys to be masculine than any of the other sexualities.

#5 Techno Kid, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  6. ba92

Out Status:
    A few people
    Most bisexual guys I know, other than the ones I think are just gay, you wouldn't even be able to tell like guys. I don't know if its pressure or just the straightness in them. I mean, no guy could get a woman acting feminine all the time.

7. I have a guy friend who is bisexual and he's flamboyant as hell. We love that about him though :slight_smile:

8. biggayguy

There is some pressure on bi' men to be masculine. My experience has been that my feminine side wasn't free to come out as a bi' man. As a gay man I'm more swishy.

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My sample size is like n=3. I am not sure. I am a very femme male-bodied person who likes people of many genders... My other two bi friends are quite manly.

10. Foxface

I love that you used statistics

Anyway...I am bi and quite femme myself...I don't know many other bi guys though

mostly gay or straight

Foxface

11. biggayguy

My post was completely anecdotal. No science just my two cents.

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I don't know, since I don't know the entire spectrum, except for a small sample. They are less, or not even, interested in Marilyn Monroe, current fashion, and dance music, relatively speaking, but they are not the pinnacle of masculinity either, especially after you get to know them. I would say that the ones I know, or think might be, are less affected.

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    IDK, I have some manly traits, but overall I'd consider myself less masculine than average.

14. jargon

Just from personal experience, the bi guys I know tend to be fairly comfortable with stereotypically masculine and feminine traits. This gives many of them a certain confidence, since they seem to feel less pressured to act disingenuously based on their gender.

So if you think a manly man is one who displays great confidence while sipping that girly, fruity cocktail that he likes, then you might be on to something.

15. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No, and I'm still not quite sure where this idea comes from, since it seems to get thrown around a lot. There are straight men more feminine than I, and gay men more masculine, for example. It might have something to do with the fact that bisexual men are seen, and therefore expected to be more masculine from both straight women and gay men, becoming a cycle where misconceptions feed into expectations, and vice versa.

I'm not afraid to admit that I'm twinkish in looks and docile in personality. At the same time, anyone who sticks their nose up at me for not being a "gold star" or acting as a "sassy girlfriend" can go...

16. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Does this include flavored margaritas (strawberry, peach, lime, etc.)? The toughest thing about margaritas is the brain freeze and that they aren't cheap, when I do order them at a Mexican restaurant. And I have gone fruit flavored on them. Did I drink them with great bravura? I don't think I did. I just drank them!

17. mpac21

I have to mention against the regular, but a bisexual dude was close to having sex with me but did not. We did flirt somewhat though...: p Truth is.....you never know lol

18. AstridDavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One of my old friends is Bi, probably the campest human being :slight_smile: xx

19. Hexagon

It's worth noting that the plural of anectode is not data.

20. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Interesting you say that because the biggest player in my year is a pretty feminine guy. He's also extremely confident and doesn't seem to have any self esteem issues either, and has definitely got the most girls out of anyone I know. I wouldn't say he seems stereo-typically gay, exactly, but one could mistake him for being so. I think the name for his type is "pretty boy" but I dunno. Some people call me that too.