1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrAllMonday, Nov 28, 2013.

1. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We all lie. Some more than others. Big whoopie de do da. I lie for weird reasons at times.

I lie when I'm too tired to explain the truth. I tried to explain to someone I only eat certain types of meat. He didn't get it. So in the end I just gave up and told him I'm a vegetarian.

2. Mrtambourineman

I used to tell my sister the government would come for her and take her away whenever she did anything wrong....i was a major ass lol...but I will lie tactfully too especially when getting crap presents lol....

3. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I hate getting presents which I hate. Thankfully I don't have that problem anymore.

I'm bad at telling the truth. I just don't come across convincing.

4. Hexagon

Yeah, I lie. Whenever its convenient really. I avoid lying to those who I care deeply about, and have an emotional bond with, but there aren't many of them. Telling the truth all the time would get me into serious gender-related trouble, not to mention just general trouble, and I'd never have any time on my hands.

Lying isn't always selfish, though. Sometimes it can be to protect or avoid upsetting someone.

5. I only do it when forced

like if some guy corners me and presses me for a name/phone number he obviously get a fake both

or the one you have to do every day "I am fine"

6. Silver Sparrow

I'm a bit of a compulsive liar, but it's actually been getting a lot better.

7. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I usually don't lie I tell half-truths so I can claim I never lied. I working on being more honest with the people I care about though.

8. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

The only lie I really live is the lie of omission. (No one, save a therapist, knows that I am bigendered and maybe whole lot of other things, too.)

9. Nick07

hm, that's interesting and a bit disturbing. I don't lie and don't expect others to lie.

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I sometimes withhold information if I know someone is going to get upset, but I don't like to lie outright unless it's something important that I don't want to discuss (like my sexuality).

11. AstridDavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

This is exactly how I feel and think. And is really rather reassuring that someone else is like this. (r.e. gender point) I tried to convince everyone I was straight and when the truth finally got out, I lost a lot of friends and got myself into some seriously deep emotional trouble.... I wouldn't recommend it! xx

12. Emulator

I avoid lying but tell vague statements so almost any scenario will fit it.
    Unless there is no choice...for example, gender on legal documents because there is no third option.

13. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That must be tough. I know most people I have met hate compulsive liars. I doubt people understand the pain they have to go through. Is it like your not even aware that your lying at times? Like you actually believe them for a short moment?

14. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

I'm pretty straight-forward, I don't lie much. What you see is what you get.