1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone involved in DECA?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hawkeye, May 2, 2005.

1. hawkeye

I was just at the DECA international conference in Anaheim California, and i was wondering if anyone here is/was involved in deca. There were so many people there! and so many hot guys! oh well, just curious.

2. goratrix

DECA? I would normally google for it... but I'm not feeling that well... so I'll just ask. And please, excuse my ignorance.

3. nisomer

My cousin is in DECA, and he won first place this year in one of the categories (can't remember which one) at the Minnesota state finals. He encouraged me to join last year, but I realized that my school's DECA team totally SUCKS! So I didn't join lol. Although I do have a couple of friends in DECA as well...

And for those of you who don't know what DECA is, here is a descpition from my school's website:

DECA has been influencing the lives of high school students for over 55 years. First established in 1946, Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA) aimed to provide additional marketing-related educational and career opportunities to students. Since its beginning, DECA has remained on the cutting edge of education and technology.

DECA has grown to include not only the United States and Canada, but also Puerto Rico, Guam, Germany, and more. With over 180,000 members, DECA is one of the premier student leadership organizations in the United States. Members have the opportunity to not only develop their leadership skills, but also compete for over $500,000 in scholarships.

4. hawkeye

for anyone who knows of FBLA, DECA is very similar. Like NK quoted, DECA is an organization dedicated to marketing enrichment. DECA actualy is not recognized as an acronym anymore, but instead a name. And NK, about your cousin, thats cool, I came in 2nd here in wisconsin, only to place in the top 20s(im in a group of 10 kids just below the top 10, but the actual places are never determined) at the international conference last week and the person who beat me at state didnt place. Too bad, I got a chance to practice with him at this traning session, and he seemed great.

5. Phenobarbidol

So many acronyms.

6. hawkeye

yea, lol, I have this shirt from deca that endorses this girl running for central region vice president. well, background: she's a redhead. so, her slogan was "join the red revolution". I didnt thing the slogan was a good idea, but i love the shirt. the only problem is that on the back it says: karin for crvp. and doesnt mention deca at all. so, everyone asks me what crvp is. btw, i know that kiwanis has so many acronyms, that the circle k (college kiwanis) chapter that my dad advises gives out packets (its like 4 pages) of acronyms and what they mean.

7. Phenobarbidol

Whoa four pages? That is ridiculous.