1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this a good idea?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by livi, Dec 1, 2013.

1. livi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I had an idea for an anti-discrimination group for my area because theres WAY too much hate for comfort.
    A group for gay, bi, trans, pan, and straight allies in my area to stand against the hate!
    I thought that the first person of each of these groups to join would lead other members of that group that join after.. The 5 leaders could organize the events and along with all the other members we might even take down the hate!

2. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's a great idea for uniting all the LGBT folks in the area and keeping them positive. I shouldn't think it'd be too dangerous (but I don't know how bad the hate is where you are), so I say go for it.

Really though I think the best thing to do is perhaps not to go on a major campaign or make it overly political- just to show people that LGBT people are normal people with very similar interests, characteristics and aspirations to everyone else. It's much, much harder for people to hate something when it has a face and a personality, and showing people that you're a person too, you're the same as them in many ways and you're not out to hurt anyone nor be antagonistic to them is the best way to disarm them.

Good luck with organising it and I hope people roll in to support you :slight_smile: