1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there any thing wrong about wearing concealer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Dec 1, 2013.

1. person57

So my skin has been breaking out a lot lately and its making me sad. I just bought this acne treatment today but I know it takes a while for acne treatments to work. I asked my mom if I could wear concealer but she said no because I'm a guy and she said that it's wrong for guys to wear concealer and that I'll get made fun of. I thought that concealer isn't noticeable when you wear it though... is there any thing wrong about wearing concealer? I really want concealer...

2. LD579

Guys used to wear makeup in some places way back. These days, society looks down upon guys wearing makeup, though... even though famous people and actors do so, as well as people on TV/in the media in general. So in that light, no, it's not bad or wrong. Many guys have done so, and currently do so. Most won't admit if they have or do, though.

Concealer's supposed to just be put onto spots. It's supposed to be subtle, and it's supposed to be better than not putting anything on your face. If it's obvious you're covering it up, it may be better to not put it on. Your mom is right in that guys who do wear makeup can get made fun of if people catch onto that fact, honestly. It's a terrible shame... but it cannot be helped just yet, unfortunately.

Also, it can clog your pores, so one should take care to not have it on for too long, and to make sure they cleanse it off with a cleanser that's strong enough to get it off. If your pores are clogged, it can make your acne worse.

If you're still having breakouts, I would suggest not putting it on those spots as you want those places to heal up, first. If it's on an area that is merely just red but hasn't gotten a breakout there and is otherwise fine, concealer on such a spot would be alright. Again, the aim is for an improvement but while aiming for discreetness.

3. Johneh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have done in the past when I was younger to cover spots but I don't get any now. :slight_smile: I've also been known to wear guyliner lol.

As Luthan said it can make the acne worse in some cases.