1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Transmen

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AtheistWorld, Dec 2, 2013.

1. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ever since joining EC, I've become more interested in learning about transmen, who aren't as visible in the transgender movement for whatever reason. What used to be nothing but an afterthought has become something I've taken a bit of an avid hobby in studying. I read a guide on How to have Sex with a Transman that was both enlightening and amusing, but it sort of missed the mark on somethings I was wondering about Transmen, specifically Gay Transmen. I've got some questions about them too that I was hoping a gay or queer transman could answer, and if they can't, it would be nice to be referred to source that could offer some information about that.

After a lifetime of facing misogyny for appearing to be women, how does gaining male privilege affect transmen, while simultaneously losing their cis-privilege? How accepting are homosexual cis men of transmen? Do they view transmen as an invasion of their space in a similar way to how lesbian feminists view mtf females?

Medical science has made it possible for transwomen to get synthetic vagina. These aren't just for decoration either - they're real vaginas, and the advent of pregnancy for people born as MAABs looms closer aswell; along with that comes the ability for a transwoman to be just as passable as any biowoman, because that would allow her to express the pinnacle of womanhood. The same can't be said for transmen as there haven't been any milestones for their benefit that allow for them to gain identical male genitalia like there have been with transwomen. My question is do gay transmen face ostracism as a result of this, and how do gay transmen who identify as 'tops' remedy this? As a result of not being able to get equipped with suitable male genitalia are gay transmen forced to bottom even when they're tops? Does the fact that mae genital can't be successfully replicated in transmen frighten some from going through with the sex change?
    What are some good sources for learning more about gay transmen?

2. Ladyman

Ladyman Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I´m a transman, but am not in transition and it is unlikely that I will. But I can tell you this:

* There are asexual transmen too (like me).

* But for those who want sex: Penetrative sex is possible with al kinds of equipment, evn some that will give some stimuli to the clitoris, so one doesn´t "need" to bottom.
    And by the way bottoming is not the same, because we don´t have the prostate to give extra pleasure anyway. Which does not mean we can´t get pleasure out of it, ofcourse.
    And there are transman that don´t mind penetration in the vagina. These things are between partners. Every relationship is unique.

* When one goes for a metoidioplasty, which uses the enlarged (by hormones) clitoris, you end up with a penis that is small, but can get erect.

* There are indeed a lot of transman that don´t even opt for operation down there, because of the risks, and there are plenty of prostetics available to make it look okay anyway. You could google on "ftm packer" or stp, (stand to pee) or "ftm sexual prostetic" to see examples.

* All in all, to me it doesn´t make any difference, because I am asexual, but if it came down to sex, well, you just need the right partner and things don´t need to be a problem. It´s no different from, let´s say someone who can´t get an erection. Sex goes beyond penetration. And when penetration is important, it doesn´t need to be with a real penis.

As for sources, I can´t help you there.

3. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for your answer. It was insightful about gay transmen topping.

4. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I'm pre-everything right now and just working my way out of the closet. So I don't have a lot of experience with things socially as a transman yet. I'm very curious about the first two questions there, if anyone has anything to say on the matter.

I think Ladyman was pretty insightful about the sort of options available for transmen sexually. Personally, I like bottoming. I don't mind vaginal sex either usually, though it depends on what my partner's doing (the key is clitoral stimulation. tmi??). I'd try topping, provided I had the opportunity, but I get all nervous and think I'm inadequate. :icon_redf Right now, I'm hoping to have top surgery and hrt, and I want my ovaries and/or uterus removed asap, but I don't really have any interest in srs. But I wouldn't say I'm frightened away by the fact that it can't be as successfully replicated, I'm just not really dysphoric about my junk, so I don't see much point in surgery if it won't give me something more functional. For me the social aspects of passing are a big deal, and partners that can't accept what I've got to work with aren't worth my time. I think I'll stick with a detachable penis, seems like my best option. Now hypothetically, if they could successfully replicate a penis, I might go for it someday, if I had the funds and thought it might be worthwhile.

5. Ladyman

Ladyman Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Forgot to tell that my uterus is removed a long time ago and that was a big relieve.

6. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for sharing your insights men.

7. Sarcastic Luck

After a lifetime of facing misogyny for appearing to be women, how does gaining male privilege affect transmen, while simultaneously losing their cis-privilege? What misogyny? I was a "woman" in a male dominated learning environment and wasn't treated any different. If anything, people would ask me for help. If by privilege you mean being worried about being attacked by women in the bathroom because I look like a boy, just peachy. As it stands, I'm terrified of university due to the fact I want to present as male but I'll be put in the womens dorms.

How accepting are homosexual cis men of transmen? The few I've encountered were just fine with it. One of my good friends is a gay man and he offered to send me some of his clothes that he doesn't wear anymore.

Do they view transmen as an invasion of their space in a similar way to how lesbian feminists view mtf females? As far as I've encountered, no.

My question is do gay transmen face ostracism as a result of this, and how do gay transmen who identify as 'tops' remedy this? I can't really answer this, but I'm sure it does happen given that there's some that have the attitude that a "real man" has a penis.

As a result of not being able to get equipped with suitable male genitalia are gay transmen forced to bottom even when they're tops? Nope. That's why strap ons were invented.

Does the fact that mae genital can't be successfully replicated in transmen frighten some from going through with the sex change? I know that some aren't interested in bottom surgery due to the limited options. It also depends on how severe the bottom dysphoria is. Me personally? I'm fine with my bits. I won't have an issue packing nor wearing a strap on.