1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of boyfriend/girlfriend do you want?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Dec 2, 2013.

1. person57

I want a boyfriend who's funny, nice, sweet, and has a really nice butt :slight_smile:

2. Hexagon

I want someone who understands and accepts me. Someone who cares about others, and is willing to fight for what they believe in. Someone good.

3. Someone who's caring, has a good sense of humor, and is somewhat adventurous.

4. KazTastic

A human. Also, someone who isn't a dirty cold-hearted Tory.

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Intelligent, educated, emotionally stable, ambitious (but not viciously so), preferably vegan, and is non-sexist, non-racist, and supportive.

Very strict criteria, but I'm not going to live with someone who doesn't match it. I think I'd rather be single than live with someone who's not the best for me.

6. HONEST

tired of people lying to me and cheating me and stealing from me, I find so many scammers on dating sites.

Intelligent, Empathic, Cuddly, Vegetarian/Vegan (yep actually a preference) , and prefers to talk not text or message

7. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Good luck.

8. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Preferably someone that likes sports.

Otherwise a human works. Although if there are some human-like aliens out there...

9. Tzoa

I didn't think that was strict at all, actually. Well, maybe the person being vegan, but the rest doesn't seem strict to me. I must have been out of the dating scene for a long time if those are high standards.

---------- Post added 2nd Dec 2013 at 09:14 PM ----------

As to the sort of person I would like to date... Someone kind, intelligent, empathetic, and shares my views on human rights. A sense of humor doesn't hurt, and I would love it if the person is outgoing and charming to balance out my shy awkwardness.

#9 Tzoa, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  10. Xirahii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ideally,

Someone who is honest, at least somewhat patient (I hate feeling like I'm constantly dancing around a minefield like with past relationships...), romantic, imperfect, understanding and has a varied musical taste. =p

But I wouldn't mind simply honesty, patience and understanding, and a sense of humor (because I tend to be very dry humored).

Oh, and Givepeaceachanc reminded me -- someone who doesn't look at their phone every five seconds. ,_,

11. Siarad

^This^ (And also not a Lib Dem, UKIP, BNP, Nationalist of any kind or an apathetic non-voter [people who spoil their ballot paper are OKish])! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Intelligent, honest, funny, caring, patient, romantic, and a little culture in the arts wouldn't hurt.
    My compliment in some ways.
    Oh, and not perfect.

13. Hexagon

This. Although non-voters have my sympathy. Politics makes me want to run and hide too.

14. Nyarlathotep

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Someone who's better than me. Someone who sees the good in humans and truly cares for people and animals. Someone who is kind and caring and understanding

15. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    The only one on your list I'm flexible with is being non-vegan, non-vegetarian. It's not that I wouldn't want her to be vegan, but I think converting her would be more productive than dating a fellow vegan.

16. Heun

I guess I never really have put much thought into this, but I think what I'd want the most is someone who I can relate to a lot, someone I can joke around with, and someone who is adventurous and doesn't mind walking outside their comfort zone.

17. ninerw

someone who is comfortable waking up every morning and just wants to stay in bed. Laid back, simple, knows what he likes and hates. Someone who takes care of themselves but isn't consumed with fashion, looks, and image. Someone who will just sit there and listen, smiling because he is with the person he loves. Likes sports and doesn't mind not going out a whole lot. Loves to just walk around the city.

Also good looking, but for reals if you take care of yourself, you look good no matter what. The obvious traits of honesty, kindness, etc..are given and immediate red flags if not shown.

I don't know if that seems like a narrow description. I don't think it is!

18. person57

This is the boyfriend I want. You explained it way better than I did lol, except the part about the really nice butt wasn't mentioned in your reply. Otherwise, that is the exact boyfriend I want :slight_smile:

#18 person57, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  19. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone who will put up with my busy grad student life and raging ADHD. Someone who likes sports--they don't have to be as obsessed as I am, but they have to accept my obsession. Someone who's smart, funny, can match me in a battle of snarky comments or corny puns, and will be my co-chef in the kitchen. Someone who's willing to listen to me talk about my research or rant about grad school. Someone who is Jewish or will at the least accept and embrace the fact that I am. Someone who will call me on my bullshit when I need it, but do it out of love. Someone who's honest and caring and nice. Someone whose interests aren't so much like mine that they won't be able to introduce me to things I haven't experienced before.

20. QueerQueen

I have someone in mind, but I would like someone who makes me laugh, someone who is fun without trying to be, like if its just the two of us with no plans she'll find a way to make it fun. Someone who knows what they want in life. I would prefer a girl who is more dominant than me, I want to be the little spoon. Someone who is really honest with me. Also someone who is sweet and romantic, not so much gifts but words. A girl who can hold a conversation with me is a must. Someone who carries themselves well, intelligence is attractive. Also a cute face, ideally.