1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT Underage Dance Party!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Black Swan, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Black Swan

In Australia, where I live, there is an organisation called "Minus 18" which is basically a support and social group for LGBTQI people younger than 18 (or in some cases, 21). They are throwing a big dance party in the summer holidays (it's summer in Australia right now) and I'd like to go, for the opportunity to network, have fun and mingle with people like me.

I'm out to my parents and immediate family, and they are very supportive so that's not an issue. The thing is, I'm not sure if they'd actually let me go to a random party, since I'm the sensible kind which has never done this sort of thing before. It's in the city...so maybe a bit dangerous, but I travel in the city on my own quite a bit. It's from 4-10 pm, so not too late, and is limited to people under 21.

It looks like heaps of fun, check it out here: Minus18 - Summer Party

I guess I'm just not sure whether or not I should ask my parents if I can go, or I might not enjoy it or something. Thoughts? (&&&)

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I volunteered for Minus18 for four years. :grin:

Minus dance parties are awesome. Great environment, good security, super friendly crew, great entertainment. You should totally go. If you PM me I can answer any questions you have, or answer them here or on walls if you're cool with that.

Also, in terms of safety, big groups of people meet at one of the big stations with a few crew members and all go to the event together, and back at the end of the night.

#2 Maddy, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  3. Black Swan

Thanks a lot Maddy! :newcolor: (!) (&&&)

4. Silver Sparrow

Are there friends you could go with or a way you could check in with your parents? It seems like you travel in the city- do you travel at night? If your worried about not liking it, is there a way you can set up an escape plan so you can get home? Like having a person who can walk you to the transport station.

5. Black Swan

No friends, I'm not out to any. I guess I could talk backup plans with the parents.

6. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard about Minus18, but I've never done anything with them. I want to, but at the same time I worry that I'd totally out myself to my parents somehow by doing anything with the organisation.