1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homosexuality (And bisexuality) Bars Homosociality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sysreq, Dec 3, 2013.

1. sysreq

Apparently because I'm gay I can't be trusted to be with people who are my BEST FRIENDS just because they're my gender. Before anyone knew I was gay I could hang out with girls when- where- and why- ever the shit I wanted. Now I can't (at my mom's, My parents are separated) see a single friend.

My mom thinks gay people are immediately attraced to EVERYone of their gender. -_-

Maybe I shoulda stayed closeted. I've legit just lost all of my friends for the next 4 years, because even SLIGHT bisexuality also bars girls from my friend roster. WTF 0.0

No, there are no ace/agender/GF/GQ people that I know of. '-'

To the fucking internets for the next 4 years. My high school has just been ruined. `_"

I'm the rebellious type, so I will no doubt break that rule....but FAHCK.
    Also means I won't be able to VoiceOIPChat/VidChat with any friend of any gender. FAHCK.

FAHCK.

2. MrBrightside

How long ago did you come out to her? My mum went through a phase of thinking any guy i talked about was a boyfriend i hadnt told her about... Got really awkward! Especially when she thought my flatmates girlfriend didnt exist and was just a cover story...

Shes grown out of it now, and usually just doesnt ask.

3. sysreq

Oh, about a month. She was really mean to begin with too.

4. MrBrightside

Sounds familiar! Its been 4 months for me now and its alot better than when i first came out. Telling her is just the start! Its a long road...

Thankfully i moved out when i was 18, so when things got awkward i just ran away back to my flat again :grin: I ended up having to have a few chats with her about shix, clear the air. It all sorted itself out and she notices how much happier i am now and likes me better as a person :slight_smile:

Give it time and things will sort themselves out.

5. sysreq

If you say so...but I highly doubt they'll do so till I go to uni.

Also means I'll be without a much needed boyfriend until uni.*

*Much-needed because I feel fake having never dated a guy yet being 'gay'
    ^also my mother's fault
    "How can you know that without dating a guy?"
    What you've done there mum is not only prevented a relationship but prevented me affirming my sexuality

#5 sysreq, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  6. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wait... you've been b& from seeing all your friends?
    Holy shit, dude.
    Maybe you can go to their houses.

7. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There was a shirt that said something similar to, "I'm bisexual, and NO, I'm not attracted to you," as a reference to the stereotype that we're literally attracted to everyone.

My mother also worried when I spent the night at a female friends house, though nothing happened, since she wasn't attracted to me, and I wouldn't try anything like that with someone I considered a friend.

Parents just like to worry, sometimes excessively. Hopefully she'll get over it once she sees the truth.

8. sysreq

Yeah, uh, nope, unless I fake it and say I'm going to the library or something....

I need to get that shirt, then.

Yeah, exactly. Friends are friends. I love my friends....but not like that.

I hope so.

9. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Is she afraid you'll get one of your male friends preggers?

10. sysreq

No, she thinks it's disgusting. And dangerous. I personally have no interest in having sex with any/either gender right now anyways, and if I did we wouldn't go all the way...I have my inhibitions.

What bothers me is that she thinks that I'm automatically attracted to everyone just cause I'm not totally gay. So I'm going to hit on my BEST FRIENDS!?
    :wow::***::***::angry::shrug::laugh::eusa_hand

11. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

The more you spend a lot of time with other guys as friends the less you will feel attracted. Try to convince your mom you view your guy friends as brothers. I view all my close guy friends as brothers and no matter how attractive some of them are, they just don't do it for me in a sexual sense. Too weird. Girls are never on the radar -- sexually or platonically. They are just..... there.

12. sysreq

Yeah, I know. And I'm not (nor was I ever) attracted to my close guy friends specifically.

As for the girls though we may be 'platonic friends' that's as far as it goes.

13. DrkRayne

This happens often
    When it became knowledge that I like women. all of a sudden my mother thought several of my female friends were my girlfriends and she had issues with me seeing them, as it was going to lead to me sinning against God.
    Also I had several ask "Do you like me""

This thought process comes from the sick stereotype that lgbt people are hypersexed and all we care about is lust and sex. Its just hateful stereotypes.