1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could permanently body jump into being someone else would you stay your gender

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Starry Eyes, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

So, in a hypothetical scenario if you could become someone else, famous or not, how many of you would body jump into the opposite gender? How many of those who would jump to the opposite gender already feel uncomfortable as their assigned gender? How many people would jump to the opposite gender who feel completely comfortable as their current gender? Ultimately whether you jump to a different gender or not what is your reasoning for jumping into the person you did, assuming that you choose to jump?

2. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: If you could permanently body jump into being someone else would you stay your ge

I would jump into a males body simply because I would prefer to be a man instead of a woman.

3. Xirahii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: If you could permanently body jump into being someone else would you stay your ge

*Raises hand.* xD

Quick, easy, flawless transition.

4. Gen

Gen

I am perfectly fine with being my gender, but hypothetically I happen to admire more artists and creative minds that are female, so if I had to switch into another body it could very well be female just as male.

5. Heun

Personally I identify as male and just so happen to be that, so I don't think I'd switch to a different gender on that merit alone. Although I wouldn't discount the possibility of their being good reasons to do so, but it doesn't really resonate with me.

6. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

I'd jump into the body of an athletic Chinese guy- that would solve a ton of my problems in one fell swoop. I would never choose a female body, even for immortality or wealth or any other "jackpot" gift.

#6 An Gentleman, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  7. Sarcastic Luck

^Ayup.

I'm fine with being a red head, but I do love me some dark hair. Also tall. Being under 5' suuuucks.

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

By gender, are we talking about true gender or assigned? If I could, jump to a male body with no hesitation.

9. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yup, I'd do it. Easy way to get rid of this flat bust.

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Even though I identify as bigender, I would much rather be in a female body. Basically what we're talking about is a brain switch, here, but I'd be happy to switch brains with someone having a female body, assuming that were medically possible.

I feel like FtMs and MtFs probably have this sad conversation a lot. "Oh, I'd totally switch with you..." :frowning2:

11. Re: If you could permanently body jump into being someone else would you stay your ge

I don't want someone else's body... that'd just be weird.
    However I would like trying out having a male version of myself.
    Not sure I'd do it if it was permanent though.

12. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

As someone with a non-binary gender identity, the question becomes, "Which body would be the right one for me?" In a perfect world, I'd be able to shape shift, "become" male, female, or any combination in between on a whim, but assuming I'd only be able to jump once, I'd probably end up feeling just as frustrated after the initial excitement wore off.

13. Skyline

That would be amazing. I've always wanted that ability.

Now, in answer to the OP.
    If I decided to jump, it's hard to say for sure if I'd pick the opposite gender. It'd be a much bigger change, and I'd hate to find out I didn't like it. That being said, I can't imagine wanting to jump for any other reason. I'm already in my favorite male body--I don't really think I'd be happy with another guy's. But a female body, I could finally express my feminine side freely! I'd be starting completely new. I'd feel free and alive. And of course, the excitement will die down, but hey, at least I will have experienced both worlds. I could look back on my time as a man with fond memories, and be glad I got the chance to live life on the female side as well.

So, would I jump to the opposite gender? That's a most likely yes.

14. oneday004

in a heart beat.......i love the aroma of femininity

15. Re: If you could permanently body jump into being someone else would you stay your ge

This!

16. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Same gender.

And I've got a few thoughts at to some candidates, but I won't bore you, because I can be a broken record.

I've actually thought about this. This concept is based on the assumption that it would make our lives better. The likelihood is that we would step into that other body, while retaining our personalities and experiences, so not much would change in the end. It would change to some extent but, since our insides make us tick, it wouldn't change that much.

17. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I've probably had a similiar conversation with every one of my MtF friends. Yeah, seriously. I'll be happy to trade as long as the body I get's male.

To answer the question- simple. Average Castro district blond, then go off and have a life, having saved thousands as a result.

18. Re: If you could permanently body jump into being someone else would you stay your ge

could I just check out a healthier one this next time?

19. bitchyetough

I personally wouldnt want to become someone else

20. ChromeNerd

Out Status:
    A few people

No