1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woman Kills Three for Last X-Box at Chicago Walmart

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Goodnyte, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Goodnyte

2. Heun

Fortunately it's a satirical story, but instances similar far too often occur and it's plain disgusting.

#2 Heun, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  3. Zeevie

:eek:

So, as a European, I'm a little ignorant about Black Friday, sorry. It is a sale that happens after Thanksgiving, is that right?

I hear about tragedies every year, but I'm still unsure how something like this could happen? She stabbed three people (one pregnant) to death for an X-Box? :eek: How could things become so crazy? Are there no other sales leading up to the holiday season?

My mind is blown. Those poor people :icon_sad:

4. RainyViolinist

People can be so desensitized and cruel these days... Why in the world would you kill multiple people just for a friggin' console? And worse, the lady didn't think that what she did was wrong! How can a fully grown adult be so idiotic and childish, I don't know. There needs to be regulations to protect Black Friday shoppers from this kind of crap, if not abolish Black Friday completely... Cyber Monday is a much safer alternative to this.

Edit: Oh, this was a joke. I feel so stupid now :lol:. But still, they need to make a change on how they regulate shoppers on Black Friday.

#4 RainyViolinist, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  5. I don't get why people are fighting over a game console. They're going to die out anyways.

6. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Interesting satire!

Though Wal-Mart kills more workers by failing to pay them a living wage where they can afford adequate food, housing and medical care. The number of lives shortened by their greed is the saddest thing.

7. Zeevie

Ahhh. It's a joke. I sure feel silly now :lol: but honestly, I have heard some horror stories (although nothing quite this extreme lol) of this day from American friends and just don't get what all the fuss is about.

8. Tzoa

I've heard several horror stories about Black Friday as well. There are a lot of really great deals on that day, like getting a really nice, $600 TV for only $200. Hundreds of people will go to stores hoping to get that deal, but there are usually only a few of those cheap TVs up for grabs. This year I heard of a woman who maced someone in the eyes to get a table for $50. There are other sales before the holidays, but the prices don't go as low as they do on Black Friday.

9. blueberrymuffin

I almost went into a rage but after reading her comment about her kid having an Xbox and she'd do it over again, realized it was fake. That is grade A satire, especially after the south park.

It's really black thursday now though.

10. there have been real tragedies though

here is the actual tally to date

7 deaths and 90 injuries

Black Friday Death Count

I did a boycott - there is now a movement among some people in a buy nothing day

backlash against the consumerism

Buy Nothing Day: Boycott Black Friday
    Buy Nothing Day: Boycott Black Friday | Frugaling

11. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Black Friday is a day I prefer to stay in. I remember going to Walmart or Best Buy one year and I almost got trampled not even 30 feet inside the store. Other times where nothing bad happened, it wasn't worth it (from standing outside in the blistering cold for five hours to being locked out of most of the store all night).

12. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OMG! Somebody else who knows about Buy Nothing Day! I've been observing this for maybe a decade, I recall when Adbusters rolled out the idea.

Besides, I'm generally too hung over from the after-parties and all that food to want to move.

13. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm quite happy we don't have Black Friday (or Thanksgiving) here. No, instead we try to kill each other for money during the boxing day! (Sales day after Christmas).

14. I don't get drunk - I can count as many time as I have on one hand

and I have never been on a black Friday, only went holiday shopping once in a crowded mall and that was to get a special gift for my mother - a Cockatoo that she still has (I was 20)

I am autistic and I really don't do crowds

15. Renge

So... is it true or not?

16. Xirahii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The Daily Currant is notorious for posting up satirical articles (just take a look at the "trending" articles even).

It's satire. ^^

17. the original post is a satire - my count is actually a true count of the total of what has happened on Black Friday but it is the sum total over about 15-20 years - it gives a chart and all

18. Tim

Tim

It's sad when a story like this is actually believable, even when fake.