1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fewer questions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Darren18, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

well sort out of the bored i like to ask a couple of things
    first, directed to lesbians or gays or anyone else that want to asnwer, did you actually had a sexual relationship with your opposite gender before deciding i mean or would you find interesting person like to do it, i mean if a girl sees a guy that sort of interest her is that on sexual levels or could be found interesting but not in a sexual way does that happens? or you will find it kinda of disgusting to do so with the opposite gender i actually heard lesbian girls saying that word actually, just curious

and other question, i met at least 2 or 3 girls on facebook and other sites saying they are pansexual, what is that mean they say is when they feel attracted to both guys and girls, i mean then wouldnt that be sort of same thing that bisexual?

well, there the questions, hope you all having a good time:icon_wink

2. Ticklish Fish

first one: no, i never dated opposite gender
    2) pansexual i thought means liking everyone unlimited to gender or genital, basically everyone?

3. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

that what i thought to, i mean could then be difference from bisexual, many people say gays like all guys or lesbian likes all girls, i think that is just generally wrong, i dont think all people would like all the others no matter their sexual orientation, perhaps bisexual means they can be with both genders when they like any of them, and maybe pansexual means they do can like everyone? i mean lol im kinda going nowhere but yeah basically everyone seems what is fishy to understand

4. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

1) Have dated the opposite gender but at the time, I wasn't out as male. So technically, we would've been a lesbian couple. I've actually never been with a guy.

2) Pansexual- see, this confuses me. It tends to differ from bisexuality in that bisexuality means you date both men and women and pansexuality extends that to mean any and all genders. I myself identify as bisexual but probably would, under that definition, be considered pan.

5. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

yeah i guess is confusing, cause is sort of the same thing, or not or im going crazy already lol, i can see why they might be difference and same time dont lol, well in any case now i read about demisexual i mean, isnt it a bit of too much labels? cause basically then everyone could (with total right) invent a new terms to label themselves cause everyone things different at some sort of point

6. I am lesbian and prior to really be sure I did date around and really date around I mean

I actually at one point would have fit the modern definition of Pan

I dated a FTM, more than on MTF (I now there are people who do not like these designations but in the 80's that is all there were) and one person who at the time there was no definition for but today we say is Bi gender.

also several Cis men and I have dated Cis Womyn.

and at this point I consider myself lesbian. I will only date people who self declare as female.

7. I've never dated anyone, but I can't imagine myself with a man.

8. Awkward Balloon

(1) I haven't dated the opposite gender, because I was in the process of coming out when dating started becoming relevant in my peer group. I have kissed girls though, and I felt nothing but discomfort.
    I also recently got with a guy for the first time and it felt quite similar, but that is a different story.

(2) I can't answer your question, as I see very little difference between bisexuality and pansexuality, but I'm not being disrespectful there I just am not well informed.

9. Ticklish Fish

Many what people?
    that is a really bad misconception that was spread like a wildfire. I mean, if my interest or hobby don't collide with another guy, the chance of attraction is dimmed.

10. Xirahii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. Well, I'm personally pansexual. I've dated both male and female. Their personality is what makes it for me, not what's between their legs. But I'm not demisexual (sexual attraction only formed when you have a strong emotional attachment to someone).

2. Bisexuality is an attraction to male and female, whereas pansexuality includes every and all genders. ^^

#10 Xirahii, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  11. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

makes sense

lol i mean i quote many people, cause i heared people saying that on facebook. other forums or chats, even experiences of known bisexual friends who were told that by others, i say many ppl cause i can qualify all of them on a same range

understood what demisexual is now :slight_smile: but still pan/bisex keeps being similar doesnt? i mean male/female, the other all genders, what others side of male and female xD :thumbsup: sorry im kind lost lol

12. Xirahii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Basically, while bisexuals are attracted only to men and women, pansexuals are also sexually attracted to androgynes people, intersexed people, gender neutral (no gender) and so on.

#12 Xirahii, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  13. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

im going to get u crazy but here i ask again lol, ok so androgynus is a person that looks the opposite gender? cause i met a guy once that at first we all thought was a girl cause looked like one, intersex people i can may give an idea, but how is that no gender thing? i dont get it :eusa_doh:

14. My Two Wings

You beat me to it. Dang my slow post making.

However, I know there are those who disagree with that definition for bisexuality. Obviously, there exist bisexual people who are attracted to all genders too, but do not identify as pansexual. It just ends up coming down to your preference. It's your own sexuality, so you're the one who gets to define and label it accordingly.

I don't identity as bisexual, because even though it can mean attraction to all genders, I see it as still putting emphasis on gender. Ever since I questioned my sexuality, I've believed that gender didn't matter when it came to whoever I was attracted to. Pansexuality fits this definition exactly.

15. purplekitty

Yeah I had trouble understanding demisexuality too, but I eventually realized that the attachment for a demisexual has to be very intense before ANY sexual attraction can occur. And this attachment can be platonic or romantic.

Okay let me help you with the gender thing. So you know about female and male, but there are many others! (Some terminology info: sex is for genitals and gender is for what someone mentally identifies as.) I identify as agender, which is someone who feels genderless or gender neutral. There are some people who feel bigender, which is feeling like two genders (not necessarily just male and female, this can include other genders). There is genderfluid, which means that someone's gender changes over time. This is just a few; it would take me a long time to list them all!

So I've read a lot about bisexuality vs pansexuality because I had a hard time understanding the difference when I first heard it. Pansexuality basically means that someone is attracted to all genders. The gender doesn't really matter to them. Bisexuality is a little more confusing. You see, before people knew about more than 2 genders, bisexuality meant the same thing as pansexuality. But people started to realize that there are more than 2 genders! The term pansexuality wasn't around yet, so some people took the term bisexuality and expanded it to include those other genders. This means that to some people, bisexuality is not just for 2 genders! Then along comes pansexuality, who wanted to give love-for-all-genders a new name. But in order to distinguish themselves from bisexuals, they decided that bisexuality can only be for 2 genders. Well this upset some of the people that identified as bi and thought of it as including all genders. That is why there is still some fighting between pansexuals and bisexuals, and also why the difference between the two is still under dispute.

16. Xirahii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Yay, thank you for explaining. You worded it a lot better than I could have! XD

Yup. It basically comes down to this.

17. purplekitty

I know, there are so many terms that it can get confusing. (personally I find the variety of terms really interesting)

Intersex is someone who's sex (genitals) does not fall into the categories of male and female. They could have any kind of combination of the two.

As for androgyny, some of the terminology is confusing, so I'll explain it as well as I can. Androgyny is a term describing a person whose gender encompasses both male and female, therefore it lies somewhere between the two. So androgyny (also spelled androgyne) has to do with someone's gender. The word androgynous describes someone's appearance, not their gender. An androgynous person can look both male and female, or neither. Basically, it can be hard to tell the sex of an androgynous person because their clothing hides sexual features. Androgynous can also include voice and facial features. The voice could be right in between male and female, making it hard to tell the sex. Facial features could be the same way.

I can hopefully help you with the no gender thing because I identify that way. I will put a disclaimer and say that this is only my personal view. Personally, I do not feel like a woman or a man. While I might do feminine or masculine things, these are not a reflection of who I am inside. If I like to dress up, it is because I like the clothes, NOT because I'm a girl. If I like science, it is NOT because I'm a boy. But even those two examples rely on stereotypes. Obviously, some boys like to dress up and some girls like science. While I know that for many, gender is an internal feeling, I have always thought that genders like male and female are just a collection of stereotypes that are lumped with a sex. This does not mean that I think other's genders are illegitimate; it just means that I don't understand that internal feeling of gender. And the reason I don't understand it very well is because I don't have it.

---------- Post added 4th Dec 2013 at 09:10 PM ----------

Your welcome! Glad to help. :icon_bigg

18. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

wow, thank you :slight_smile: interesting, i kinda of learned a lot of new terms and all with your explanation, to be honest many i didnt knew existed, thanks for taking the time to write all, i promised not to keep bombing with questions lol

19. purplekitty

Your welcome! I happen to know a lot about the questions you asked. I also like to explain things, so that's why my posts were so long. :slight_smile: And don't worry about asking too many questions. It just means that you want to learn, which is never a bad thing.

20. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

i guess so, and your long asnwers mean the dedication to explain which i appreciate, in fact there was all explained so i dont know what more to ask lol, but if you want to continue talking now i made more random posts and looking forward to continue speaking and making new friends :slight_smile: