1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Want to Learn how to sing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Dec 4, 2013.

1. person57

I Want to learn how to sing and I was wondering if there is any way I could learn without taking lessons because I can't afford lessons. Also, I don't know how to sing at all so where should I start?

2. biggayguy

#2 biggayguy, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  3. person57

Okay, I'll give it a try:slight_smile:

4. TheMightyBoosh

Do you have after school clubs? Singing one's at all? I love singing and would say Youtube is a good place for vocal exercises to expand your range and getting your voice warmed up :slight_smile: Just keep going and don't give up. Find your voice, every voice is unique and yours will be too. Do you have any friends who like singing? because they might be able to help you work on your singing.
    Good luck. :slight_smile:

5. person57

Yeah, I think I have singing clubs at my school. And yeah, I have a few friends who like singing.

6. LD579

I dunno if this applies or not, or if it's even relevant or not, but you may have to become accustomed to singing, and to being comfortable with how you sound. It's easy to get shy from exposing your voice in such a way, but ultimately that has to be overcome if you're to sing.

Singing along with songs you like may be helpful, for one. Joining choir at school is also something that you could look into. It pretty much boils down to getting the right kind of practice somewhat regularly. You can't change your voice or your range (Well, you can extend your range), so you'll have to become comfortable with what your range is. For instance, I could never be a bass singer, and I'll just have to accept that.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is pretty much the meat of it for me. I have a comparatively deep voice, so for the longest time could only go low. I think you're stuck as far as extending range down, but once you learn how to get into the other vocal registers, you can go much higher than you ever expected.