1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Masc or Femme?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Motto, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Motto

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Do you consider yourself more masculine, feminine, or something else? Why do you identify the way you do? What traits did you express as a kid?

I consider myself more feminine because my voice is higher, I love fashion (not that more masculine people can't.), I get giggly and giddy, and I'm pretty expressive.

When I was a kid, I was also more feminine. I was the boy playing with barbies and playing house with the girls. I loved painting my nails, putting on makeup, playing with Polly Pocket, and using my easy bake oven.

I also loved playing in the mud, catching bugs, and playing with science kits.

2. AmityRanch

I think I'm in the middle.
    I have both masculine and feminine interests.

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I switch in behaviour. I'm masculine when sad or feeling neutral, and feminine when I'm very happy. When I'm moderately happy, I'm usually neither. I'm not sure it's so much masculine/feminine. In a while, I assume I'll be more "masculine", in the sense that I won't be as expressive.

I dress well, but I wear masculine clothes (stereotypically what Americans call "European", usually).

My interests are somewhat neutral. I don't like sport or other "masculine" things, but I only have a minimal interest in fashion and other "feminine" things. I have enough to get by with either, but given that fashion is more practical, I lean towards it, and that goes for most things.

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I think I'm somewhere in the middle, but on the masculine side. I wish I could be more middle-ground, or even more on the feminine side, but I think I'd be putting my personal safety at risk if I tried.

Funny thing is I was really feminine as a kid--I wanted some Barbie nail studio toy for my birthday once, and I used to enjoy putting on my sister's ballerina dress--but at some point before I started elementary school, I suppressed that. It was only with the freedom of college that that side was able to come out again, and I think I still have work to do.

5. Saint Otaku

Appearance-wise, pretty masculine. On the inside (-^.^-), probably more towards the feminine side

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    More masculine. I like sports, rock music, and beer. I don't wear tight-fitting clothing and don't like shopping or fashion--the only time I watched Project Runway was to try and win points with a girl I was interested in (it worked btw).

Buuuuut...I do have a high voice, am constantly singing, love classic Broadway and Disney, and talk kind of expressively.

Ergo, I'm bi-winning!

It used to be that I was deathly afraid of being perceived as anything but straight. Now I pretty much don't care. I'm just me.

7. My Two Wings

Been mostly masculine my whole life, and I'm not too fond of it. Mainly, I hate all my body hair. I'll usually just shave it all off, but I'm always super lazy about shaving. My beard is fine though, so I usually keep that. I've also wanted to wear more feminine clothing, but I'm just really nervous about it.

8. Gen

Gen

I am told that I come across as very neutral: expressively, psychologically, dress/physically.
    I happen to feel the same way personally. I've essentially never changed in that regard.

9. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say I'm more neutral as a person, but project myself as more masculine.

I definitely play up the tough-guy act, but hey. It's a tough world out there.

10. Tzoa

I think I'm pretty feminine, though my hair style is kinda in the middle. Super short on one side, slightly longer on the other. I love having short hair.

My clothes and jewelry are very feminine, and I wear make up. But growing up I was a sneakers, loose clothes and baseball caps sort of girl. I wrestled with the guys, played all sorts of rough games, pretend sword-fighted with sticks, rolled around in the mud and down hills... I was definitely a tomboy. I'm still a bit of a tomboy at heart, and like all the outdoor activities I did as a kid, though.

11. Xirahii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I suppose I can be somewhat masculine in some areas while feminine in others, but I lean more towards the latter even though I think I'm balanced. I don't care about the gender-stereotype on hobbies and interests so I just like whatever I like and that gives me mixed traits.

I would say the way I take care of my body could be classified as feminine, though. Like Two Wings, I'm not at all a fan of the "boyish" features so I go to lengths to minimize them. When I actually get the clothes I want and style my hair the way I want it, that will be another feminine thing.

#11 Xirahii, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  12. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a seriously committed femme.

13. AKTodd

Masculine/neutral I suppose.

I'm a moderately big guy and have been told I can look threatening. I like to work out, but otherwise don't care about sports. I've cleaned barns, thrown hay bales around, and split wood and rotated tires growing up and I generally remember that the heavy metal part of the hammer is what should be hitting the nail. However, I know diddly about motors or cars beyond the level needed to change a tire. Don't care about hunting and don't really like getting dirty (although if I need to I will - you do what you gotta do).

I have little interest in shopping unless its at the bookstore or online (Amazon and iTunes). However, I'd rather hang out with my female friends and talk business and politics over my male friends talking sports and guns.

I like rock and metal mostly, but also classical and showtunes. I have Five Finger Death Punch, Ozzy, and Lady Gaga on my iPod. I generally dress either very simply or like a flood victim. Although when I worked a job where I had to wear ties, I rather enjoyed shopping for them and getting just the right pattern and color combination.

Todd

14. ninerw

Masculine

I played sports as a child, and I love just hopping in jeans and a tshirt on a Saturday and turning on College football. I love beer, food, and, on occasion, the outdoors. But that doesn't mean I'm not sensitive...which I like to say instead of femme.

I love literature, Broadway, and cooking. I like to look good every now and then, but I don't spend too much time on it. I've been told a good shower, deodorant, and a comb go a long way in terms of my attractiveness instead of having to pluck and pick and gel! And I think I have a low voice, but when I hear recordings of myself it's pretty high!

Like others, I definitely tried to play up the straightness, but I think that was more for friends, not for orientation. Plus, if it weren't for some of those sports, I wouldn't have found my attraction to guys!

15. sugarcubeigloo

Depends on my mood that day.

This may sound terrible, but it also depends on who I'm with as well.

16. Techno Kid

That does not sound terrible at all to me and I don't think it's "being a fake" either, if that's what you were thinking.

I do that to..when I'm around woman (especially ones my age) I naturally shift to more femme and when I'm around most guys I naturally shift to more Masc. The more comfortable I am with a person the more femme I become.

So in general I lean femme! ^-^

17. Data

Data Guest

Masculine.

I got told by a gay friend that I dress like a straight guy. I was wearing camo shorts and a Pink Floyd tshirt.

Masculine interests, masculine body type, etc.

I am a bit more sensitive then some guys I know, and I'm more likely to take something personally or to heart.

18. Tzoa

That doesn't sound horrible to me. When I'm around women who are more feminine than I am, they seem to bring out my own femininity even more.

19. juliegt6

Very femme. I used to sell cosmetics! I wear dresses, skirts, cute leggings and such fairly often.

20. Lipstick Leuger

Completely Femme. I totally love my short hair also(Tzoa). I wear makeup and my wife just told me that we are going to her company party next week. So, I went and got a new outfit, cause I really didn't have much to wear, and new boots, which I adore. I playes with GI Joes, that I snuck from my brother, and also with the boys in the neighborhood, there really were not to many girls.