1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going somewhere alone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Renge, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Renge

Do you like to go somewhere alone? Or just walking to get out some stress?
    I really need that right now and want too, but I never go out alone and it feels like awkward. What are you doing when you're walking alone? Sorry if my question doesn't make sense

More like your favorite place to be alone

#1 Renge, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  2. Cuisle

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I love going out alone, in fact most times I prefer it. Usually I have my iPod for company and that is about all I need. I love that I am under no pressure to converse with someone, that I can do absolutely anything that I want to do without having to factor in another person's needs or be polite, I can just wander in my own world. I love the freedom of it.

3. Data

Data Guest

I used to go to the movies alone all the time.

I used to go riding on my motorcycle alone out into the desert and up to mount Lemmon here in Tucson. I would ride up and sit at the peak at 9000 feet and just look down at the city in the valley.

I used to go to the swap meet alone and just look through all the stuff there. It was fun.

All those things are better with friends or a boyfriend, but I did them alone often.

4. LD579

Often, I go out alone when I need to buy things. Company would be pleasant, yes, but my own company is sufficient and honestly more efficient, too. There's nothing wrong with going out by oneself! =]

5. Renge

Sounds beautiful :slight_smile:

6. Xirahii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Paradoxically, going out by myself gives me some anxiety but I also love it because of the "me time" and it gives the chance to unwind. You could say the relaxation I get far outweighs the awkwardness of being alone. xD

90% of the time I bring my iPod and headphones with me, too, so that also distracts/soothes me. I know a small, isolated place by my town's park where nobody usually goes, and there's a half-broken stone bench surrounded by trees there you can sit down at. It's a nice grove to rest by.

7. Renge

Yes but it feels awkward cause I never do it eventhough I want to

8. Mandy

I went to Puerto Rico alone back in 09. I went to Indiana and Michigan by myself a year earlier. I loved the freedom where you can do whatever you want, plus you are with very good company too!

9. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I like to go to the Cemetery alone, feels.. peaceful.

10. PalestrinaMX

I love spending time alone, but in my room. Usually when I go out alone to like the mall or something I get bored pretty quick, so prefer to go with a friend.

11. arcchi

I just sit somewhere listening some music that match with my mood and think (philosophically) about anything I need to (or just think in anything, just listen to music)
    By the way... I love to do this (the part of think in anything :wink: )

12. Xochipilli

Ick! I feel strange when I'm on my own.
    I wish that wasn't the case though.

13. Sitri

There are some woods behind my house. I go there whenever I am upset. The place is thick with thornbushes so unless you know what you are going, you can't get through. There's a deer path that runs down to a creek. If you follow the creek downstream a little, you reach a shallow part where you can walk across without getting your feet wet. The opposite bank is clear of underbrush, so you can actually walk along it. Pretty soon you round a bend and before you opens this absolutely gorgeous meadow.

Instead of thorns, it's tall grass and wild flowers. A wall of trees completely surrounds the meadow so the only way in is along that bank of the stream. The only signs of human life is a small rusty chair I pulled out of the creek after a big storm came by. There are enough trees to provide shade, but not so many as to plunge the area into darkness, as so much of the forest is. In the summer, the area is filled with the buzzing of dragonflies and croaks of frogs. In the fall, when the flowers wilt, deer pat down the grass and make their bed. Winter, it's full of birds and squirrels and the occasional raccoon, scavenging for food. Spring, it's butterflies. Often times, I just sit in the chair, listen to the stream, and... lower my guard, something I never do around people, or even on this site.

14. Aquilo

Mount Lemmon is nice. I've been camping there. : )

I like going into forests, but only dare to stay on the paths when I'm alone. I can manage to get lost within a minute, because I like to watch the trees, birds and herbs on the ground and I don't keep track of where I am..

15. Renge

That's unusual but well, yes cemetary is peaceful.. not for the cemetary that I know here. People playing with birds -_-

---------- Post added 8th Dec 2013 at 07:33 AM ----------

In fact, I do that everywhere :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

---------- Post added 8th Dec 2013 at 07:36 AM ----------

Ooh I wish we had that somewhere near. I only have this lake and people use it for fishing