1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ironic Survey

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LongMayIReign, Dec 9, 2013.

1. LongMayIReign

In school today, we had to take an online survey on our school environment, and one of the questions was if we believed our school was respectful of people of all gender identities. There was a few questions on this topic, including if we had heard any derogatory terms from students, teachers, other faculty, etc. So while this survey seems to be totally inclusive I get to the last set of questions one being to define my gender. There are only two options: male or female. I brought this up with a few of my friends after class who had also noticed the hypocrisy of the program. Has Anyone else had a similar situation?

2. Tzoa

:eusa_doh:

I really hope or someone else wrote on the survey that the survey itself wasn't inclusive. But no, I haven't taken a survey like that. Most school surveys I've taken are more along the lines of "did this class do what it was meant to do? Did the instructor use technology effectively? Were they clear?" It'd be nice if there were more questions about how minorities are treated on campus.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So it makes a point to describe gender as *not* an either-or arrangement, then treats it as such? Sigh, some people.

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've done one, but it was a bit better. Who commissioned the survey you did? Was it for a government statistics department, or was it private?

6. Emulator

At least they showed some awareness of non-binary genders...

I've done one with a vague statement on whether you feel accepted in the general environment, but they don't ask for gender. Usually if I have to fill that in, I just enter a third value using inspect element :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: