1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ged

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hopeful, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Hopeful

I was homeschooled and never got an official diploma. Last month I finally took the GED (I'm now 21 - was done with high school back in 2011) after procrastinating about it forever. I got my scores back today - I'm just wondering, did any of you take the GED? If so, what were your scores?

I passed the GED! Yay! And I was really nervous about math, science and social studies - not at all nervous for the writing and reading sections. Here's what I got:

Test Name Standard Score (of 800) Percentile Rank

Language Arts, Reading 800 99
    Language Arts, Writing 630 90
    Mathematics 590 82
    Science 570 76
    Social Studies 550 69

Results: Pass 3140 Battery Avg: 628

So basically with the NH GED I had to get a 410 in each section to pass the section, but over all my total score had to be a 2550 or higher in order to pass the entire test. I was nervous for the math part because when I took the practice test I passed with the lowest passing grade possible. There was no science or social studies in the practice test, but in the actual GED test I thought those two sections were even harder than math because the questions were tricky. I'm really happy with my results and now I don't have to worry about retaking anything! :slight_smile:

2. apostrophied

*high five* I was homeschooled, too!

But I never took the GED, I did Keystone and I got a diploma. So I don't know what these scores mean, but based on the percentiles, they sound good, especially the reading and writing--wow!

Congrats!

3. Hopeful

Nice!!! And we're both 21 - cool. :slight_smile:

I wish I'd gotten a diploma like that... but I'm okay with it now that I got the GED. I took some online classes through VLACS but not enough to get a diploma.

The scores are based up to 800 per section - that's the highest you can go. I can't believe I got an 800 in Reading!

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was homeschooled too! And I got my GED after dropping out. I love telling people I dropped out of homeschooling. xD

Honestly I don't remember my scores. I took the test almost a year or so after dropping out - which was in March of 2009.

5. apostrophied

This inspired me to create a thread for homeschoolers lol. I'm always happy to talk to current/past homeschoolers. :slight_smile:

6. Data

Data Guest

I dropped out of highschool as well. I was in the second semester of 12th grade, but my grade in math was not recoverable and my mother REFUSED to pull me out of the school and put me in a regular school. I went to an accelerated gifted type highschool, and I was gifted in everything BUT math. So I dropped out. Irritating as all fucking hell, but what can I do know? Then I moved out and lived by myself because I couldn't get far enough away from my mother.

Here were my Arizona GED scores:
    Language Arts, Writing: 730/800 99th Percentile
    Social Studies 680/800 96th Percentile
    Science 800/800 99th Percentile
    Language Arts, Reading 610/800 86th Percentile
    Mathematics 700/800 98th Percentile

I couldn't believe I did so well in Math. I was impressed that I got 100% correct for the science portion, but that's my thing. I love science in all its entirety. The percentile shows you how you scored compared to the rest of the people who tested.

Arizona has pretty poor education, so I wasn't worried about passing a state regulated education exam. The hardest part was that it took for fucking EVER to do because you had to wait for everyone else to finish before moving on. Took almost a whole day to do.

7. Hopeful

Wow, your scores were impressive Data! :slight_smile: I had to go for a practice test, which took about 3 hours, then I went back twice more for the actual test... which is supposed to be a total of 8 hours or something, but was actually shorter.