1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things you won't do

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hexagon, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Hexagon

That most others do. And why?

Me:

I won't eat animals and animal products. Environmental and animal rights reasons.
    I don't celebrate christmas. Because the commercial stuff disgusts me, and I'm not religious.

2. iamcallom

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I won't cry in front of people or show any affection to anyone including family members (e.g. hugging or saying "I love you"). I got bullied when I was younger because I did these things and now I can't bring myself to do them because it'll make me seem weak, I don't want that again

3. Data

Data Guest

I won't call the police. I don't like calling the police. I can either handle it myself, or it doesn't need to be handled. I'll only call the police if I need some sort of legally empowered employee to come and use powers only vested in peace officers. I tend to think that the less government involvement in my life the better. Usually people that get a gun pulled on them aren't up to any good, and if they aren't up to good they won't call the cops themselves. It's a good method of keeping the peace.

I won't swerve out of the way for a stray animal on the road. My 3000 lb vehicle won't have any issues running over a cat, but if I swerve and lose control of said 3k lb car I could kill a PERSON in return for saving the animal. I have run over a bird in my car and a cat on my motorcycle. I doubled back on the cat and made sure it was dead. It was.

I won't allow bicyclists to run a red light or stop signs. If I come to a 4 way and a bike tries to blow through, I'll safely cut him off to give him the idea that he is REQUIRED to stop just like the other cars on the road. If it's not safe for me to cut him off, I'll beep at him and yell at him.

I won't leave shopping carriages in the middle of the parking lot. I always return them to their dock, no matter what. It's rude to just abandon it where you no longer need it.

I won't NOT help a person in public, be it a short person who can't reach the top shelf, an old lady who can't carry her bags to her car, a person who has their hood popped on the road with steam billowing out, a kid who is crying alone in the middle of the mall, you name it I won't walk by without inquiring.

I won't interrupt people when they're having a conversation. I hate it when people do it to me, so I will stand next to them and wait for them to finish their conversation and only when they turn away and address me will I say what I need to say. I HATE when people just walk up and butt into a conversation.

I won't dye my hair. My sister dyes her hair every week it seems, and I tell her she'll regret it when her hair becomes brittle and begins to break off. My mother dyed her hair platinum blond when she was young, and even though it was professionally done her hair broke until it was short like a bowl cut. :frowning2:

I won't take Tylenol unless I really need it. I dislike acetaminophen due to its toxic nature in the liver. Once in a while won't hurt, I just don't like back to back doses.

That's a lot, but that's what I can think of at the moment. :grin:

4. Foxface

Same

With that said, I have an absolute refusal to EVER let a party be thrown in my honor. No birthday parties, no graduation parties, no going away parties, nothing. My partner knows well to never throw me one.

I don't like attention being on me by a crowd. So birthdays for me are usually with my partner and possibly a friend but that even pushes it

Foxface

5. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I will not date a woman.

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I won't get a tattoo, I won't cry, I won't drink Coke, and I won't listen to Rebecca Black.

7. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ^ Why won't you cry?

8. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

- Won't vote Republican (unless Eisenhower era Republicans make a comeback, then I may consider it)

- Won't go to church

- Won't dance

- Won't go into politics

- Won't write the kind of movies I'd mock

9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't. The tears just don't come out, even when I want them to.

10. ba92

Out Status:
    A few people
    I will never lick the brown eye... ever!

11. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Eh, why not. I'm bored.

- Won't watch gory horror films.

- Won't sing.

- (Possibly) won't own a pet.

- Won't chat up someone on the phone who I can (theoretically) hang out with in person.

Would the two-term limit apply to corpses...?

12. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same here actually. I'll get a little misty if I really try, but it hasn't happened for real in quite some time.

I guess if something's bad enough to elicit tears, it's bad enough to work towards solving or setting aside until you can.

13. Hexagon

I cry when I'm tired. Apart from that, I haven't been able to since starting hormones.

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [youtube]GbQLB0q3hts[/youtube]

Lex

15. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    -won't go to Wal-Mart
    -won't vote Republican
    -won't drive a gas-guzzling car/SUV/truck
    -won't listen to Lady GaGa, or Madonna
    -won't go to gay bars (well, maybe if there was a laid-back, 'alternative'/non-stereotypical one, but never saw this)
    -won't pay to have cable TV
    -won't watch 75% of current Hollywood movies
    -won't go to most chain stores, and shopping malls

16. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The gay bar in my area is super laid back. They have a piano lounge with a baby grand piano upstairs too.

- Won't vote republican, won't vote democrat. The democratic party is just as bad as the republican one in my opinion, they both do jack shit.
    - Won't eat meat or animal products.
    - Won't spend money on products made by companies that impliment animal testing.
    - Won't go to church, I don't get anything out of it.
    - Won't toss change into those red Salvation Army buckets this time of year.

17. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    This made me smile :grin: :thumbsup:

18. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I know how it feels, but If you pluck up the courage and bring yourself to do it, you'll feel so much better about it.

19. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shop at Wal-Mart, smoke (anything even hookah), get a tattoo or piercing, watch Fox News, drink Coors Light, go clubbing, own a gun. I'm pretty sure that father children is on the list but I'm not set on that yet.

20. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't shop at Walmart either. It's always a miserable experience. Target is a much better place to shop, the store is ever packed, it's clean, and the lines aren't ever long like they are at Walmart. With the advent of Target selling grocery I don't need to go to Walmart anymore.