1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to Lucid Dream

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by person57, Dec 11, 2013.

1. person57

So I tried to lucid dream and I was so close to doing it, but I stupidly got overexcited and woke myself up -_- then I tried it again and the same thing happened. Does anybody here have any advice for me? Also, what are some good youtube videos of lucid dreaming isochronic tones music to fall asleep tyo?

2. Skov

You've just got to get more used to it. It needs to not be exciting when you realize you are dreaming. Also, you need to just stick with it. I can't lucid dream, but I know a decent amount about it

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The one time that I actually realized I was dreaming, in the dream I was sitting in a chair in an office. I realized, "Hey, I'm dreaming!" and tried to stand up out of the chair and I couldn't do it. I tried to just lift my arm up and I still couldn't do it. And then I managed to lift a finger, but I realized that I was actually moving my finger up in real life and that I was waking myself up.

4. person57

Lol that's funny

5. Data

Data Guest

YES!

Here you go:

When you figure out that you're dreaming, rub your hand together right away and say "calm down calm down" then try to focus on your hands. Hopefully you'll not get too excited and you'll be able to stay lucid. You might still wake up though until you practice a few times. You also may forget that you're dreaming once you stop rubbing your hands. Practice will make perfect.

The other thing is to spin. If you close your eyes and spin in your dream and say "I'm dreaming. I'm dreaming. When I open my eyes I'll be somewhere else" you might be able to stay lucid and get into a different dreamscape where you are free to do as you wish.

It's AMAZING that you can become lucid. You're very lucky. I have been trying to achieve lucidity for years now and the closest I can come is to say "This is odd. This is not normal. I must be dreaming" but I never actually realize that I am in fact dreaming, so I forget about it and fail to become lucid.

Start training yourself to do reality checks. For example, each time you pass through a door, say "It's a door. Am I dreaming?" Then count the fingers on your hand, try to push your finger through your palm, jump up into the air and see if you fall back down, pull on a finger and see if it stretches like silly putty, read some words that are near by then look away and read them again to see if they changed. Any of these will indicate that you are dreaming. You might have 4 fingers in a dream, you can put a finger through solid objects in a dream, you can fly, you can stretch solid things, words will often be jumbled and incoherent, and digital time clocks will often change time if you look away from them. It might say 4:30 one second, and 7:45 the next.

You can also ask others in your dream if you're dreaming. They will often say no, but they aren't reliable. I've asked a few and when they say no I just go about what I was doing, and when they say yes I call them liars and go about my business anyway. :slight_smile:

If you do achieve lucidity, try to do a few simple things first. You can try to have sex with someone right away if that's what you want, but it might not work or you might get too excited and wake up. I think probably everyone who can become lucid wants to have sex with another person in their lucid dream. :wink:

If you want to get fancy, there are all kinds of techniques to do. WILD is one of them. I haven't tried it.

Melatonin and B12 can give vivid dreams that are more likely to cause you to question your dream state. That can help some people.

---------- Post added 12th Dec 2013 at 12:00 AM ----------

Also, one other piece of advise is to use caution around mirrors when you become lucid.

You can either use the mirror as a reality check or you can use one once you actually become lucid. In a reality check, your appearance won't be as it is in life. It'll melt, or you'll look different.

Be warned, sometimes if you look into a mirror you might see a reflection of what your sub conscience actually thinks of you. I looked into a mirror in a dream (not lucid) and I saw a horrible monster which scared the shit out of me. It was when I was depressed in 9th grade. I didn't have the best mental environment to be dreaming in, and I saw exactly what I felt in that mirror. A monster. Just keep it in mind. That's the reason I won't do any hallucinogenic drugs. I don't want to see what my sub conscience has to offer me. :slight_smile:

6. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can lucid dream, but it just happens randomly, I can't really induce it. A lot of the time, I can't control anything, but when I can, it's very limited. One thing I know I can do is I can start the dream over and certain things are different with some of those things I've changed and some of them I didn't. I've tried to change the dream completely, but it starts to become a jumbled mess and it eventually wakes me up.

Okay, I realized that I didn't help at all. oops xD

7. dray7

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best advise I can give you is to have a plan. I've had a few lucid dreams before and if I didn't have any idea what I wanted to do for the first couple I would usually end up not reaching full lucidity and doing really boring things. The second thing is to always make sure you're fully lucid! I've had a lucid dream before where I was only somewhat aware that it was a dream, and even though my subconscious knew that I could do anything I wanted to my mom came up to me in my dream and yelled at me to clean my room, and I did. Be confident that it's a dream and that nothing you do will affect you in real life (in other words, don't be afraid of people judging you or making bad choices. It doesn't matter!). Rub your hands together and concentrate to try to get to full lucidity. If you find doing things like making objects appear really hard like I do, turn away and think about it and turn around. Usually the object will be there. And one last thing, if you don't have a dream journal already, make it. It helps so much. Good luck!

8. person57

Thank you guys for the advice. Do any of you know any lucid dream videos on youtube that work good? Also, it has to be isochronic tones.

9. person57

10. biggayguy

Keeping a dream journal by your bed to write down your dreams while they are still fresh is essential. Before you fall asleep just say to yourself what you want to dream. Say it a few times as you get drowsy. DON'T PANIC, when you become aware of dreaming. Good Luck! I've done it a couple of times.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4RoMvZDldc A few good tips on this video.

#10 biggayguy, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  11. Data

Data Guest

You can use binaural beats, but I don't really like them.

12. person57

I don't have headphones, so I can't use binaural beats.

13. person57

So I tried this 25 minute lucid dreaming isochronic tones video on youtube and I didn't get a lucid dream. I wasn't even close. Could I be doing something wrong? Also, I think I'll try the dream journal idea. I'll also start doing reality checks when I'm awake. I think I might try again tomorrow, I'll tell you what happens tomorrow :slight_smile:

14. TTSP

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've heard lucidology 101 on YouTube works well but don't expect instant success and try to keep a dream journal for the next few months. I'm working on it myself right now.

#14 TTSP, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  15. DesertTortoise

If you can ask others in your dream if you're dreaming, you're already lucid dreaming.

Have frequent dreams where I realize, to some extent, that I'm dreaming, but the fully lucid dream I had... where I could make choices within the dream, knowing I was dreaming... I was falling down a deep concrete well, sure to die... when I realized I was dreaming, and wouldn't. The fear that would surely have waken me up, melted and I let myself fall, feeling quite secure. When I hit the bottom--it was concrete, I went right on through and landed someplace even deeper. There was a snake there. It bit me on my penis.

That woke me up.

Be careful what you wish for.

16. person57

Thanks for the advice guys. So how many tries does it usually take to get your first lucid dream?

17. Data

Data Guest

It really depends. I haven't had one in years of trying, and other have them without even trying.

18. DesertTortoise

Acid would give you some idea of what it was like. Also... weed before you go to sleep. Kinda exhausting... like being awake all night and you're sleeping. At least for me.
    But I'm too old to know that for myself... .just stuff I hear, ya know.

19. TTSP

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    If ytou keeep a dream journal and work on it as desrcibed in lucidology it could happen quite quickly especially at your age.

20. person57

So I got a dream journal and last night I didn't dream and the morning I woke up I wrote down that I did not have a dream. Is that a good idea?