1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever been rejected by someone you were in love with?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by thekillingmoon, Dec 12, 2013.

1. thekillingmoon

And I don't mean a crush. Someone you really loved and wanted to be with, but they didn't care. How long did it take you to get over it?

I never got over it completely. It's been two years and I still think about her when I wake up and when I go to sleep. We don't even talk anymore. It's depressing.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What well-lived life has ever breathed without some unrequited love?

Just rest content that you know your heart can beat a little more quickly for someone; that you can feel love so deeply that it changes who you are.

Just be ready to feel that way again. It may not burn so brightly, you may be a little more wary, but don't be afraid, you will love again, you know now that you can.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

The only way to avoid rejection in life is to never ask the question in the first place, which also means you'll never find someone who loves you back. It's hardly an attractive alternative.

It happened to me. It was also the first guy I ever really loved, and those two emotions colliding made for some very difficult times for me. For about two years after we last talked, I would still think about him. If a sad song came on, he was the one it made me think of.

But I think I've finally gotten over him, because I can't remember the last time I thought longingly about him. What did it take? Living and loving again. Filling my mind with so many good memories, both intimate and otherwise, that there was no space for the longing to poke through.

4. XingSarangBi

XingSarangBi Guest

Well...she didn't reject me but she keeps hurting me all the time even though she says she loves me...she was the one who revealed she liked me in the first place and I never had a relationship before that and now, after I got over the shock that a girl liked me I decided to try it only to fall for her but she doesn't really love me...:'(

---------- Post added 12th Dec 2013 at 08:18 AM ----------

Two years?? Are you okay...? And did you ever tell her or something?

5. Mr Loopy30

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me, I still can't get over it. When I was 12, me and a friend of the same age had a really close sexual relationship. We kissed and did "some" things but we were secret and still no one knows about it. But when we went into year 9 of secondary school, we just drifted apart. I wanted to stay close but he avoided me. Then the other day when I spoke to him as we were in a situation like that, the smile on his face, I will never forget. We are both in year 10 (both 15) now and we are in many of the same classes now. And every time I speak to him, his face just lights up with a smile. But he still sometimes finds things awkward that any one would laugh at. Like he said "can I toss? " meaning if he can throw eh ball in the air to start the game. I went "I beg your pardon" and he just turned and walked. I still can't get over him as I have loved him from ever since I've known him. I know this doesn't exactly help you but this was all I could think of.

6. yeah, it took me 3 years. still think about it from time to time but i try to keep as busy as possible.

7. tex st

tex st Guest

no, not LOVE because love is a 2-way street but i did crush HARD on a guy last year who just wasn't into it, which made me sad, and then even more boy-crazy

8. thekillingmoon

Not directly, no. She could have guessed though. Either way, she lost interest in me eventually and was too busy to spend time with me. So I figured I should leave her alone and she didn't care to keep in touch. The thing is it's difficult for me to meet new people, I haven't met any women in the past couple of years. Maybe if I did, it would be easier to move on.

At least you got to kiss him. Still better than nothing.

9. QueerQueen

Honestly no, I can only really say that I have deeply loved once, still do. I wouldn't call it unrequited because we both have similar feelings for each other and I have dated this person. The only other person who comes close to that feeling, I have also dated. I have experienced unrequited like or unrequited feelings and that isn't a great feeling, but it is what it is I guess, if you have told that person and they don't feel mutual then there really isn't much you can do, even though it hurts it is probably best to try and move on (which I admit isn't an easy task) and find someone who will feel for you just as strongly as you feel for them and that is a great feeling.

10. Seraph

It was extremely stupid for me to come out and confessing my love to this guy all at once (I know... I hate my stupid old self too), he was weirded out at first and kept on apologizing and saying that he isn't into guy. We stopped contacting each other in exactly 3 months, then he started to talk to me again because he really wanted to be friend with me (weird), even though it took a couple more months for me to get over him at that point, but to this day we still remain good friends.

11. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Recently, I've been dealing with a lot of sexuality issues. I don't believe I'm 100% gay but I'm not sure how much my attraction and desire to be with a woman is. I, however, still have feelings for my ex wife. And actually, today, I admitted to her that I still had feelings. And yeah, I was rejected. And I forgot how much it can hurt.
    But I always see that there's always time and room for improvement. Not saying she was a bad choice, but you never know who else is out there as well, you know?

12. Foster

Yes I have. I was madly in love with one of my guy friends for 3 years. I got completely flat out rejected. I don't feel horrible anymore although I'm not completely over it....but I've come to terms with it. It does get better with time.

I think it helps if you fall in love with someone else. That still hasn't happened to me yet xD