1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a term for attraction to cis and trans women?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by transational, Dec 13, 2013.

1. transational

I feel like I don't favor either, but I like both.

Straight doesn't seem to fully apply to me.

But trans-attracted or trans chaser, definitely doesn't apply to me either.

Bi-transsexual?

2. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Nope. If you don't have any same-sex attraction at all... you're straight. Unless you like feminine guys... that's a different story.
    Trans women and cis women are both women- it's a bit redundant to make a term for someone who is attracted to both.

3. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

...Wouldn't that just be called being attracted to women?

I'd be pretty pissed if I heard a guy/girl saying they were attracted to "men and oh, transmen- does that make me bisexual?" But not saying you meant any offense.

Honestly- think of it this way. Gender is more than sex. You're attracted to people with a female gender and sometimes the people you're attracted to have a gender that differs/disagrees with their sex. A transwoman regardless of if she's transitioned or not or how she transitions is 100% a woman.

4. Hexagon

Such a thing would be highly offensive. And there is no point being attracted to trans women if you're going to insult them when you describe your sexuality.

5. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    You can narrow it in a way and say your Bisexual if you like transwomen who have male genitalia. Whether they're women or not, the fact is if you like transwomen and their boy parts, that's attraction to a male sex part; ergo, that's bisexual behavior not straight.

I don't even know about this thing anymore. A month ago I would give the PC answer and just tell you you're straight but that would be so insincere considering the doubt I'm enveloped with atm. My beliefs are so shaky right now that I don't even know what to think.

6. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    You spell the word women in such weird ways

7. Kellyve

If they're own gender identity is female, then they are female. Simple as that. There shouldn't be a different term for being attracted to trans women. It's like giving a name to guys who like girls, even the ones with brown hair!

8. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @atheistworld While attraction to a penis is certainly a bisexual behaviour, saying attraction to transwomen is bisexuality isn't just 'non PC' it's hurtful.

It's an unfortunate that the term would probably apply because some of us do still have a penis, but we still consider ourselves women, and to say it as anything other than straight just isn't nice, no matter how accurate it may seem.

9. Ruthven

I disagree cause there are people like me who don't see penises and vaginas as belonging to only one gender each...so I think that's more up to the individual if anything...

10. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I meant in a purely academic 'by definition' sort of way. A penis is a primary sex characteristic, and bisexual is being attracted to either sex, therefore purely by definition it would count.

Personally I agree with you, it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to me which gender had which or if it mixed and matched or anything, but unfortunately that is the definition, which is why this question comes about in the first place :frowning2:

11. straight, they are both women.

12. My Two Wings

You say you identify as male and you're only attracted to women, so you're straight. Simple as that.

13. Techno Kid

You could say you are an open-minded straight cis-male.

14. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Gynephilic works, too.

15. Foxface

I'd have to go with straight as well...You like women and trans=women, hence straight IMO

Foxface

16. transational

Why is it disrespectful? To say there's no difference between a women and a women with a penis... that just doesn't make sense to me. Yes, they're mind may be that of a female, but I don't feel I'm being honest to myself saying I'm straight if a penis (on a beautiful transwomen) turns me on.

Also, not everyone is as understanding as saying "they're both women, simple, you're straight"... Anyways, thanks for the responses.. gynephilac sounds like it makes sense

---------- Post added 13th Dec 2013 at 07:46 PM ----------

Thank you, gynephilac is good. I just don't think people will "get" that I'm turned on my a penis (you know what the penis on a male sometimes attracts me too, like when it's going into a girl, and I remember jerking off too a guy jerking off before), but still call myself "straight". Just some cocks look really good... I guess it's time for some experimentation.

#16 transational, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  17. My Two Wings

You're hung up on this idea that penis = man = gay. Sure, a penis is a male sex organ, but that doesn't automatically make everyone with a penis male. Women can have penises, but they're not male. If she is a woman, she is a woman, regardless of what she was born with. Trying to differentiate and say she's anything less is disrespectful. And doing it just to validate yourself is even more so.

They're caught up on the transphobic and homophobic idea that "penis = man = gay" too, so who cares what they think?

Yeah, but would a -philia be considered a sexuality? There's gynosexual, but I figured that was a term reserved for people who don't identify as male or female.

Maybe you're a penis-phile (is there a word for that?)? Or sexually curious? Or you could be a bisexual/pansexual/whatever who's still not ready to accept the idea of being sexually attracted to a man?

18. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know; most gay or gay leaning men want little to do with someone who has long hair, breasts, or any other stereotypical feminine trait, and wouldn't a gay or bisexual man in denial want to stay away from penises, regardless of who they're attached to? I suppose a few could choose to date and sleep with transwomen who haven't had surgery, but a lot seem to place importance on masculinity. For some, sure, the penis is everything, but they're not in the majority.

You could have a fetish of sorts. In my case, I've always liked abs, regardless of the person they're on. They're one of the few things that can get me hot and bothered in seconds, easily. It can be difficult for straight men to admit they're into transwomen, since society shames them for it, just like society shames men for being into other men, and while they're not the same thing, people just assume if you're into someone who was born male, you're automatically gay. Not gay, as in a normal guy who just so happens to like guys, but a "non-man", and a loss of male identity, almost.

Straight, gay, bi, or whatever, if that's what you're into right now, chances you're going to continue being into it. Oh, and not all transwomen have penises, just like some natal women *have* penises. Being into someone with a certain anatomy doesn't really reflect on your sexual orientation, by the way.

19. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ya it's called straight.

20. My Two Wings

Iunno, I was just throwing out whatever.

And I agree with what you said, gravechild. Since this seems to just be based on transational's fantasy of being penetrated by a penis, it's probably just a fetish. He said he's not a "trans chaser", but considering he hasn't given any indication that this is more than that fantasy, it certainly comes off that way.

Sexual orientation isn't just what you're attracted to, it's who. If you're attracted to women, any women, and only women, sexually and romantically (that romantically part hasn't really come up much in this thread), then you are straight. Whether or not you're turned on by penises is irrelevant to that. I love penis too, but that's not why I'm pansexual.