1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What made you laugh or smile today?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EleanorHunter, Dec 13, 2013.

1. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Doesn't have to be romantic or anything like that, just share something that made your day a little brighter.

I'll start: Today, my crush and I walked home with our friend. We were at my friend's house, in the backyard outside her chicken coop (because yes, she keeps a dozen chickens). At one point, my friend asked me if I wanted to hold a chicken. I said no, but my crush said yes. So, my friend basically shoved a chicken into her arms before ducking into the coop to look for eggs.

So, it was just us, standing outside in the snow. My crush looked up at me... and she gave me this really cute smile, and said.... "I'm holding a chicken." :lol: I laughed about that for a while, and I'm smiling just thinking about it.

2. Ibz

Ibz

That sounds nice. :slight_smile: It was my last day of classes and I'm heading home tomorrow. It was kind of a bittersweet day because I had to say goodbye to my friends and girlfriend for a month. This evening, after all of my friends had left and my girlfriend had gone to work, I was taking out my suitcase to my car. I hadn't been outside for a few hours so I was surprised to see it was foggy. Fog always makes me smile because it reminds me of an evening with my girlfriend last year before we were dating-- it was late at night and she came bursting into the room I was studying and told me to come look outside. It was foggy and the plants and lights surrounding us made it really gorgeous. It was kind of a magical night, so whenever there is fog now, I think of that.

3. PalestrinaMX

What made me smile today is getting out of work early :slight_smile:

In the past one smile I could not get rid of was because the guy I was interested in started talking to me and showed some interest.

4. forbiddenlove12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What made me smile was the excitement my nieces and. Nephew showed when they saw me walk in the door of their house

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What made me smile? Putting up the Christmas tree and listening to Finnish Christmas carols.

What made me laugh? Putting Christmas hats on my dogs.

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This graphic posted on facebook:
    [​IMG]

7. Silver Sparrow

Watching Buffy the vampire slayer and writing compliments for my classmates (my class is doing a compliment box sort of thing).

8. Minamimoto_Fan

Seeing my boyfriend's puppy when I stopped by to say hi to him really quick

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At the store that I work at, they are doing this special thing where 1 person a day gets their tab covered. These people come through the line with over 200 dollars in toys. They end up winning, so their tab was covered. It turns out that they were buying these toys for charity. They were jumping around and crying, they were so excited. They went and bought more toys since the other order was paid for.

10. Rainbowlight

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Today, when I was in Bayonne, I went into the library. I haven't been in the building for over 18 years. Not since I was 9/10 years old. It was a great feeling seeing that not much has changed. Just feeling the soul of that building took me back to my childhood. For the first years of my life, that place was my temple and the place where I felt safe when I was not home. And the great thing about it was that when I was looking around, I still had that feeling.

11. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awe!! That not only made their day but a lot of other peoples, especially the children getting the toys. It couldn't have happened to better people.

Mine was when I was cracking jokes with my brother and my other brother's friend. I am usually not that quick with jokes but I was today.

#11 phoenix89, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  12. leer

sisters son who`s 3 was telling me about an ellycopper ''helicopter'' he wants for Christmas . dad was telling me it`s about £65 dont need batteries you charge it up it`s even got a camera on it sounds a bit to much for a lad of 3 didnt make them that good when i was a kid .

13. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Forgot to mention this earlier, but hearing that made my day.

14. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, even though I have a lot of long time friends way back from elementary school (including one girl who I went to day care with - she was my first significant non-relative friend), we rarely communicate directly except through Facebook. Today, one of my male friends from elementary school, who was unique in that he is a triplet (I was also friends with his sister and brother), sent me this FB message:

"Hey [my name] hope you are doing well I see you like my comments a lot and I just wanted to say hey"

Well, I have only "liked" ~ 5 of his posts in the past 6 months (he has an adorable young son), but it still meant a lot that he decided to message me and ask how I was doing.

Actually, I always like it when a guy is genuinely friendly to me, like one time when I was holding the door with a slightly older guy for a large group of people. After everyone passed through, he gave me a fist-bump, and I smiled big like a little boy.

15. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My land lord came to my house dressed in a Santa suit and gave my family gifts. He even said Ho Ho Ho when I opended the door it was awesome!

16. Tim

Tim

In my room on the computer and I hear my sister ask my mom if she was dreaming when she handed her the eardrops last night.

My mom said no, she had them under her boobs all night and forgot about them. (Sister asked her to warm them up. xD)

I started hysterically laughing, cause she yelled it across the apartment, from right outside my door.

17. Bolin

Being up at 1am when I'm super tired and sleepy and seeing text posts on Tumblr is making me laugh till I cry. As for the smiling department~ Someone who's very dear to me made me smile this morning when I woke up and turned my computer on. :love:

18. C P

C P

When this guy I have been talking to lately revealed he has been crushing on me...only because I'm not used to this sort of thing.

19. binda94

what made me laugh was my teacher's happiness just coz of a paper card we gave him and how he acted like a little kid jumping up and down what made me smile was when some kid said something to me and a guy from my class told her to back off felt good knowing my class had my back

20. musicalshyguy

My friend told me that she thinks that my 'straight' crush was waiting for me to walk in the school. I think he's bi and wants me :wink: