1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prom Problems

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andstillimhere7, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I've been asked to prom and lately she hasn't been communicating since she lost her phone. Today is prom night and I don't know the plan and unfortunately i bought the suit and corsage and I still don't if I'm going. I don't know where she lives, and she hasn't friended me on Facebook. What can I do prom is today and I don't the plans or if I'm going or not.

2. silkfrog1292

Go anyway, It's perfectly fine if you go alone. Once you have arrived see if she's there. If she gets angry at you later for not showing up at her place just say that you've tried contacting her but to no avail.

3. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Do you even know what she looks like? Why did you agree to go to prom with this person who seems to be less than an acquaintance to you?

#3 Adi, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  4. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes I do know her and we knew each other for five months

5. Motto

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If she goes to a different school, do you know any of her friends that you could contact her through? If she goes to your school, go to your prom with some of your other friends and see if she's there. If not, and you can't get in contact with her or her friends, I don't know what to tell you.

6. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My date never showed up :,(. I thought she was coming because one of her friends said she was but she never did. I stood there awkwardly waiting for her while I saw couples going in. It would aches me when people asked where is your date because I had no date. So I stood there for 3 hours waiting for nothing. It's sad because i felt rejected and embarrassed when People said hi because Im an introvert. I have no idea how to respond. So basically I wasted time and money and I also couldn't get in the dance because u need a date to get in. I thought it was going to be fine.

It was embarrassing to tell my friends about my dateless situation. I don't either to get mad or sad or concerned. I'm angry because she didn't come, sad because I was alone, and concerned if she is okay. On the bright side I have developed a short story idea.

#6 Andstillimhere7, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  7. Motto

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am so sorry. That is truly an awful thing to do to somebody. I would want to have a serious conversation with her after something like that. That sounds really painful. If she is okay, she has a lot of explaining to do. (*hug*)

8. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    This is disgusting. This is basically shaming single people because they're single by excluding them from school activities like this.

9. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, she is a jerk par excellence! Yes, this is not something you should just let slide by. I know it's hard as an introvert to confront someone, but she at leasts owes you an explanation. Don't be embarrassed because it was totally not your fault. If she lost her phone, she should have arranged an alternative contact method with you. She could have been lying about losing her phone, also.

Anyway, keep your head high and forget this girl. You are a thoughtful and level-headed guy, and I know you will find someone much better.