1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little nervous about this week.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Northern, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Northern

Hahaha, so funny thing is I am already out at school (high school) but a fair amount of people don't know yet, not because I'm hiding just never came up.

So my friends asked me to be apart of a French project where they were talking about gay rights, and being a gay kid they know at school they decided to interview me... So I'm worried because they are showing the projects infront of everyone in the French class, so if people don't know me, they will. This is just a little worrying because I'm kind of afraid of getting attention and what if people act out against me.

2. forbiddenlove12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just be brave and if your worried about your safety I recommend taking some form of martial arts as a martial artist myself I can tell you it will give you confidence and the ability to defend yourself so just think if you are really super worried then just ask them to do the interview anonymously somehow. hope everything goes well and good luck honey :slight_smile:

3. Drago2012

Is it possible to get interviewed as an anonymous person? That way you are protected against bullying.

4. Northern

Well in the video it shows my face...

5. william123

That's a pretty bold move. But if you feel comfortable enough in your sexuality you might be able to pull it off and it might just be a little liberating for you. So it could be a good experience. But definitely try not to do anything you're not comfortable with. Being "outted" when you're not ready is a terrifying experience I have found.

6. Northern

I'm fine with being out, if people ask I tell them no problem, it's just having it broadcasted to a class is a bit worrying.

7. Drago2012

You could try doing it like they do on The History Channel. They have a bright light behind you so that your face seems too dark to tell if it's you or not :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. chrisV

it's really all up to you. you don't have to do it if you aren't comfortable with it. it would be a very brave thing to do, but you have no obligation to do it if you don't want to.

9. Aldrick

You should go talk to your schools guidance councilor. Let them know about what is about to happen, and that you have some concerns. This way if anything does happen, you have the ability to notify someone immediately of any potential problems.

If your parents know that you're gay, you can also notify them of what's happening. Just so you have some emotional support at home.

Sharing your fear and concern is a good way to strengthen your resolve and push forward.

10. Silver Sparrow

Could you ask the presenters to just use the audio or transcribe what you said without your name?