1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boss expects me to work with two day notice?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by unsuspecting, Dec 14, 2013.

1. unsuspecting

So recently, actually back in november, I was laid off and my tentative date back was/is the 21st of December, but my boss expects me to work TOMORROW, and called me yesterday to let me know. First off the 21 is over a week away and I was put on schedule without my knowledge! Yesterday my boss had the audacity to call and TELL me to come in Sunday, which i couldn't because I have plans (as in i have a appointment XD), and even said I should pick up the phone more often (I checked my voicemail and call log and she never once called!)! Is it right that I can't come in she is writing me up for "unexcused absence"? Is this even legal for her to do to a minor, because my sister thought you have to have a four day notice before being put back on a schedule. I have a feeling I'm going to bring this up to her boss as I feel getting written up for her lack of notifying me is utter cow crap. Any help is appreciated.

2. musicgirl18

No, I don't think this is right or legal. I think your sister is correct in saying that there should be at least a four day notice. I personally would be talking to the boss, but that might not be the best route for you. :slight_smile:

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you got any terms of employment? Or the relevant employment regulations? I don't think that's legal.

4. unsuspecting

I'm sorry haha I have no idea what either of those are :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I have my worker's manual but that doesn't state anything and I've been looking at state law but can't see anything about it.

5. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Although it might not seem fair, unless it's in your employer's policies, it's probably perfectly legal.

Note: I AM NOT A LAWYER, THIS IS NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE.