1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Lines Project

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eli33, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Eli33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi there everybody! Recently I have seen banners and things throughout social media about this event called "The Lines Project". Apparently from December 15th to the 20th, people will be drawing lines on their wrists to represent a certain cause. If you draw six lines (they are reminiscent of self-harm marks) of any colors on your left wrist, that is to show you have self harmed or suffered from depression. If you draw the lines on your right wrist, then you are showing your support for those who do self harm and are fighting depression and suicidal thoughts. I think it was said that it is to combat suicide.

Have you heard of it? What are your thoughts? Do you believe it will have positive effects? Negative? Do you plan on participating?

Anyways yeah, I'm just interested in what y'all think. Hope you all have a wonderful day/night!

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like a nice way to send a message. Do you know if it's only self harm/depression markings, or can you mark different patterns to show something else you are passionate about?