1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Unusual Predicament...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Absol, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think I might of accidentally led a girl to believe that I might be interested in her. Now how does a gay guy do that? Well you haven't met someone like me, let me explain...

I had just gotten off of work and I was sitting on this bench waiting for my ride, when this guy approached me. He tells me that his sister was wondering if she could have my phone number. Now some normal person might of ask why, said no, or you might want to meet the person first, but no, out of sheer social awkwardness, I said "sure". At the same time, I hear someone yell "omg no" and I looked over to see a girl running out of the store. The guy than chases after her saying "he said yes" leaving me sitting there confused. I watched as he caught up to her when I finally realized what was going on. I figure this girl liked me, but was too shy to ask me, so her brother took it upon himself to ask for her. They talked for a second and they started heading back up to the store; oh crap. I think I did what any normal person would do in that situation, I ran. Luckily, my ride just turned in and I was able to escape. /ultrafail

Here's the problem: she knows where I work, so I'm expecting her to ask me out expecting me to say yes.:bang: What do I say to her if that happens? I already fill like a douche(and a wimp) for running away and I don't want to be a complete ass and flat out tell her no. I really don't know what to do.:eusa_doh: So help, please?

Also, y'all can share any awkward or hilarious instances when someone of the opposite sex asks you out without realizing you're gay.

2. AlamoCity

Hahaha. That is really terrible. Coming out to her would probably be the most appropriate thing to do, if you can.

For me, I was in a gas station and the girl my age behind the counter was acting weird with me (only one in store) and she touched her hair a lot and smiled a lot. She also made small talk and was asking questions. It was very awkward so I just finished my transaction and kinda ran out. It was later that I realized she was probably flirting with me. I just never gave her the chance to be more blunt.

Also, in 9th grade, an 11th grade girl asked me to prom. I told her no. It kinda shocked my friends but what shocked them more was that I offered to pay for her $50 ticket even though I didn't accept her invitation.. I really didn't know what to say because I always made it a rule that I would never mislead girls but I wanted to act like a gentleman. I'm sure that girl is confused to this day (wasn't out in high school). I suspect that decision probably caused some gay rumors to fly.

3. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Possible options:

1. "No," plain and simple (I'd just go with this one TBH).

2. "I'm gay," if you feel the need to give explanations.

3. "I'm already seeing someone."

4. "I have herpes."

5. Just ignore her calls.

4. bitchyetough

Deja vecu multiple times, you're better off saying you're not interested in getting inolved with anyone, are already in a verrrry long term relationship.
    If you lead her to believe she may have a chance with you in the future, if you say you're gay or plainly she's not your type, the fact her brother 'knows ' you isn't going to help. Or at least I guess that's the case as he actually went and asked for her and would seem to be protective of her or at least very involved in her buisiness.

5. unavailable

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well wouldn't be too bad for a guy like me .... Onix and cloyster both good in my books lol ..... Sorry no advice to give though .... People seem to respect honesty even if they don't like it ...

6. 4 will get you talked about, and is just a bad idea, what about wwhen you really want to see someone then and rumors have gotten out?

5. is just plain f'n rude, if I ask someone out and they end up in some way having given me a conflicting signal and I have their number and then they ignore me I get really mad. This is part of why I am unpleasant around a number of people and my #1 thing on my dating requirements and every question is

HONESTY

either 1 or 2 are best

I don't even like 3 if it is a lie, (see above)

BTW - it happens all the time to me at bus stops, library, store, street corner, I just tell guys I am a lesbian, they say they can convert me an out comes the stun gun

7. bitchyetough

I want a stun gun.

8. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am apparently really dense when it comes to girls hitting on me. There was this classmate seemed just super friendly whenever I was with her and her friends (I have no inhibitions sitting with a group of girls). She got me to go with her to a cafe on campus twice, and I didn't realize what was happening until she called asking if I wanted to go out for lunch, just the two of us...

I really didn't know how to respond, so I didn't agree to anything and never brought it up. I was in a catch-22 of thinking that any excuse like I'm not interested would make me feel guilty (making her feel unattractive or envious of some mystery "girl") and not wanting to say the truth that I'm gay because I don't trust her to keep a secret.

I would agree that giving a simple no is best. If you do give an excuse besides stating that you're gay, then you have to word it carefully.

9. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Just to clarify, they didn't get my phone number, so I don't have to worry about that. After thinking about it, making up an excuse has a high chance of backfiring and making me look like a jerk, so just telling the truth is probably the best bet, BUT I don't really want to come out to her. I'm thinking of saying something along the lines of "It's complicated" and hope that is suffice. Now this is of course if I ever see her again and if I don't, I've done all this worrying for nothing. :dry:

This isn't the first time this has happen to me. Back in high school, I had this girl ask me out and I just flat out said no. It wasn't as awkward because she was a friend, but because she asked me before band practice, pretty much in front of around 60 people, made me want to die.

Thanks for the advice guys and ladies, much appreciated.

10. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Why the f*(k can't a woman approach me like this? I wouldn't run away; on the contrary I'd be ecstatic, but no men approach me all the time. Do I radiate gayness or something?

11. Satoru

I've awkwardly turned down all the girls who have asked me out or showed interest...

12. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There were a lot of women I turned down (in my youth, when it was easy), this haunted me for years, I could not understand why I wasn't interested, it didn't jibe with my ideas about myself.

Reminiscing about these encounters, and recognizing a pattern, was a big factor in making me realize that I am gay.

13. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oooh, now that is awkward. The best thing to do would be to come out to her if that is at all possible. You don't want to lead her on to the point of no return.

Just recently a girl came on to me in a club. I didn't know what to do (it was totally spur of the moment) until my boyfriend looked at her and said "he's mine" and proceeded to snog me. Classy I know. Her face was a picture though.

14. AKTodd

Huh. Reading all these kind of makes me glad that I've always been pretty oblivious to this sort of thing (as in friends telling me after the fact that someone, male or female, was flirting with me and I hadn't noticed at all). Anything much more subtle than 'hey, you wanna go somewhere and f**k?' pretty much just goes on by unnoticed.

Todd