1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are some creative ways to come out?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Anonymous10, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Anonymous10

Anonymous10 Guest

I was thinking sitting down and saying:
    "I need to tell you something... I'm straight."
    They will stare at me like what and I will say
    "I'm straight up gay!"
    And then run away. What's a creative way to come out?:icon_wink

2. StillHere

Sounds funny :slight_smile:. But expect them to run after you. They will have a lot to ask and running away might make them feel like their is something wrong.

My guidence counselor told my dad I was gay without my permission so there is not much experience on my hand with creativity.

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could announce you are straight...as cooked, rainbow-coloured spaghetti is straight, then stay put and smile coyly. :grin:

4. musicgirl18

OMG! I just found the most adorable way to come out! Rainbow. Coloured. WAFFLES! :grin: Genius. Rainbow Waffles!

5. TheStrongestLink

Literally come out of a closet and scream i'm gay. If it goes right, they'll either Hug you or punch you from the heart attack you just gave them after that random jump.

6. Anonymous10

Anonymous10 Guest

AHAHAHAHAHAHA Well I'm planning on coming out to my whole family on Christmas since they will all be there.:icon_wink

7. Waffles

8. forbiddenlove12

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think this is how I'm gonna come out to my semi-dad just without the running away I'd want to see what he says.

9. Silver Sparrow

Hide in a closet
    Bake a cake
    Make a banner
    Make a music video

10. Ashley

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well today I physically stood inside the closet in Culinary and stepped out saying, "hey guys, I'm coming out of the closet!". Then after everyone finished laughing I was like "no seriously though, I like girls."

11. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The awesome is to much to handle...

12. Foxywolf

This ginormous list has a lot of really good ones :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    101. Record your voice saying “I’m gay” in a build-a-bear and give it as a gift to your parents.
    100. Knock knock joke. For example, you= “Knock knock”, parents= who’s there? You= It’s me your son/daughter, parents= it’s me your son/daughter who, you= “is gay”.
    99. Write a song about being gay and perform it for your parents.
    98. Write a poem.
    97. Take pictures of you and your significant other kissing and leave them around places you know they will find them.
    96. Get a rainbow tattooed somewhere on your body.
    95. Act the stereotypical gay way, and have them assume you’re gay without having to actually “come out”.

94. Play a game of scrabble and save the letters until you can spell “I am gay”.
    93. Tell your parents when the vacuum is on.
    92. Bake a cake and in icing write “I’m gay” on it.
    91. Play any board game and include a card that says your name and “is gay” and be sure that they choose it.
    90. Knit a rainbow scarf for your parents.
    89. Throw a party where the theme is “gayness”.
    88. Label the food/beer in your parent’s house with the word “gay”. For example, gay mustard.
    87. If you’re male cook your parents extremely phallic looking foods, and if you’re female cook extremely vaggie looking foods and continue to comment how much you like their shape and taste.
    86. Make a simple sign.
    85. At your friend’s wedding make a toast and briefly mention how it’s currently illegal for you to wed.
    84. Create a cheer. For example: yell “I- M- G- A- Y, I ain’t got to alibi, i’m gay yeah yeah i’m gay”!
    83. Express your gayness with fruit. Sit your parents down and place two plates of fruit in front of them. One with a banana and two apples to resemble a penis. And on the other two big oranges. Point to the plate you obviously like more and hint at it until they realize.
    82. Wear the rainbow flag as a skirt.
    81. Draw a picture.
    80. Write a blog and have them read it.
    79. Have your siblings tell them.
    78. Tell them over the phone.
    77. Tell them in a text (if they are that technologically advanced)
    76. Write them an email.
    75. JUMBOTRON. Take them to a sports game & on the jumbo-tron have other audience members hold up the letters to spell out “i’m gay”.
    74. Come out to everyone around them and hope some one else accidentally spills the beans.
    73. Climb a mountain with them and shout it from the mountain tops.
    72. Constantly talk about how “hot” or “cute” celebrities of the same sex.
    71. Write a rap song and perform it.
    70. Non-chalantly bring it up over dinner. Right after you say it ask for the butter.
    69. Dress as stereotypical gay characters for halloween. Or go as skittles, with the slogan “taste the rainbow”, or the lucky charms guy with an attached rainbow.
    68. Spray paint “I’m gay” on a t-shirt.
    67. Talk about how much you admire gay celebrities (Ellen Degeneres or Elton John for Instance).
    66. Have all the posters on your wall be of same sex people/celebrities.
    65. Put together a scanvenger hunt, where the clues are all gay related and lead to you expressing your feelings.
    64. Bring them to a family counseling center and reveal it there.
    63. Write it in chalk on the driveway.
    62. Have all gay friends. Maybe they’ll infer your sexuality.
    61. Take them to the beach and have one of the plane things pull a “I’m Gay” sign across the sky.
    60. Take them to the park and a jet write “I’m gay” in clouds.
    59. Tell them while you’re flying (in a plane).
    58. Inform them on a boat.
    57. Go to the store and separate from your parents. Then go up to the front desk supervisor and ask them to page them. Give your first name and say your last name is “Esgayy”. Therefore, it would go a little something like this: “Will customer Mary Hart please come to the front of the store you daughter “Sarah ESGAY” is waiting for you”. Hopefully they notice.
    56. Take your parents to movies with gay-themes such as “MILK” or “RENT” and express extreme emotion, interest, etc.
    55. Use phrases such as “I’m not like others”, or “I don’t believe in the traditional family”.
    54. Bring your parents to a PFLAG meeting or the LGBT club at your school.
    53. Show them a “Happy coming out day” card your friend gave to you.
    52. Write a short message in their birthday/Easter/Mother’s day/Father’s day card.
    51. Shave “I’m gay” in your head.
    50. Take them to a gay pride festival.
    49. Play charades and have them guess.
    48. Learn the phrase, “I’m gay” in other languages and say it in the other languages until you feel comfortable saying it in your native tongue.
    47. Bust out all your cutest baby photos and reveal it after they’ve gotten all mushy-gushy.
    46. Write it in sand.
    45. Bear hug them and let the feelings pour out.
    44. Play hangman. When it’s your turn make the phrase they have to guess be “I’m gay”.
    43. Tell them during hard times (funeral)
    42. Tell them during happy times (job promotion)
    41. If you celebrate Easter, during the easter egg hunt, have them find an egg that has a note in it.
    40. Tell them while in a foreign country.
    39. Write it on their calendar. For example, in the March 14th box write “Amy’s coming out day”.
    38. Tell them on a train.
    37. When you are on your way out, mention that the place your going is a gay club that you frequently visit.
    36. Play the “what if” game. Start off by asking, “what if you could save 1 family member or 10,000 strangers”. Then proceed to “what if your daughter/son” was gay.
    35. Invite your girlfriend/boyfriend over to tell them.
    34. Write “I’m gay” backwards on a piece of paper and have your parents look at a mirror while holding it.
    33. Leave them a voice mail message.
    32. Tell them your three favorite alphabet letters are G A & Y.
    31. Bring them to a fancy restaurant.
    30. Use sign language.
    29. Make a youtube video.
    28. Do a puppet show.
    27. Put on a play.
    26. Do it while you’re drunk (you may be less nervous).
    25. Over coffee at Starbucks.
    24. While taking a walk.
    23. While bike riding.
    22. Put the “I’m gay” message in an empty bottle and put it in their bathtub.
    21. Buy them a “Proud parent of a gay son/daughter” magnet and put it on their fridge.
    20. At church (some one I know did this…not sure I really recommend it).
    19. While grocery shopping.
    18. While swimming
    17. While at the gym
    16. Write a letter to the Oprah show, maybe Oprah could announce it for you (But hurry, 2011 is coming up soon and she’ll be retired :-( ).
    15. Announce your favorite marine mammal to be a dolphin. State the reason being “dolphins sometimes engage in homosexual activity”.
    14. On any special holiday.
    13. On a picnic.
    12. At the park.
    11. Complain to your parents about LGBT issues. (from the deprivation of basic civil rights to the lack of proper representation in the media, etc.).
    10. Have your parents read wonderful websites such as AfterEllen or AfterElton before telling them.
    9. Practice coming out: by coming out to strangers first.
    8. Practice coming out: by coming out to other relatives first.
    7. Cry hysterically until they feel bad for you and ask you whats wrong
    6. While driving.
    5. Drive somewhere with them, pull over the car and speak up.
    4. Just sit them down and spill it.
    3. Anywhere.
    2. Anytime.
    1. By any means possible.

13. biggayguy

I wrote a poem once about wearing a mask. My mom liked the poem but didn't get the metaphor. She thought it was just about my being introverted and shy. I didn't have the heart to tell her at that time. She understood the poem after I came out in a letter to her. After that mom didn't like my poems as much.

14. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can come out with the daily grace video on YouTube. I didn't do anything exciting when I came out to my parents but when I came out in school I did so by running around the hallways screaming out I like girls and even said some crude things. My friends and other class mates thought it was hilarious and by the end of the day the whole school knew.

15. TheMightyBoosh

I'd make a video or something similar and send whoever it is a link and let them watch it... or because I love to paint I would paint a picture and have "I'M GAY" painted and then unveil it to them. I give this advice because you don't have to be artistically talented to be able to paint on a canvas I'm gay. I think that would be quite a nice way of coming out rather then just saying it.
    :slight_smile:

16. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm as straight as a rainbow and twice as colorful.XD

---------- Post added 16th Dec 2013 at 09:58 PM ----------

That is adorable!!!

17. AlamoCity

To whomever you want to come out:

"I have a dilemma. When I get married and we're walking down the aisle, should my future husband go first or should I? Is it OK if we go by alphabetical order?" What do you think?"

18. Data

Data Guest

Act homosexual for Halloween, then stay gay after that.