1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pants Advice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rivers, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Rivers

Hello friends,

I'm pretty masculine-of-center, and I dress pretty masculine-of-center, too. I have no trouble wearing men's shirts, blazers, and shoes, but I have always had trouble with pants. They tend to fit me awkwardly (too small in the waist and hips, but too roomy in the legs), so I wear my jackets with odd pants (masculine-looking women's trousers). I have an event coming up that would require me to wear a full suit, and I simply cannot get men's pants to fit. Any advice?

-Rivers :slight_smile:

2. kem

kem

Well, you could just use women's pants if they suit your body better. If you could find a pair that is the same colour as your suit jacket, I don't think anyone would notice (or care about) it. Alternatively, you could buy a slightly larger pair of men's suit pants and have it tailored to fit your figure, or you could do it yourself.

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wear no pants and be really popular!

4. I have never tried this (I like dresses) - but friends wear tuxes a lot, can you afford a suit and have it tailored?

5. Lipstick Leuger

There are shops, like Macys that fit both males and females for suits. Also, JC pennys is good.

For pants, try the boot leg pants. Or Levis for jeans, they make all different types that do not look like girl jeans. I wear Riders, and they are a good fit for me. Guys pants sadly only come in straight leg, skinny and/or husky types. They do have painter/carpenter jeans, but those are really much looser. My son loves those, but remember, women are more curvy and have curves places guys don't.

Don't let the masculine of center keep you from wearing pants that fit. What you wear has nothing to do with your center. And, no one will really know what type you buy anyhow if they don't see the tag. Guys and girls do look pretty much the same, if you stick with simple lines types.

6. apostrophied

Bwahahaha. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

OP, I don't know how much you're willing to spend, but you could order a new suit (warning, those things are damn expensive, welcome to manhood lol). Saint Harridan - Saint Harridan makes women's suits in men's styles, specially made for lesbians lol.

The tailoring idea is good as well, assuming that the issue is actually tailor-able lol.

7. musicgirl18

I tend to wear women's cargo pants a lot. They fit me right, but they don't look any different than the guys pairs do. Plus they have lots of pockets! :grin: I think the best this to do, in the matter of the suit, would be to get the top part, and then find a pair of womens slack that match it. :slight_smile: Just a suggestion.

8. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Most people can't tell the difference between male and female pants unless said female pants are pink and/or have some sort of sequins/sparkles on them. (I guess you could wear ridiculously feminine pants For The Lulz...)
    You'll be fine, OP.:thumbsup:

9. Motto

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Either tailor some suit pants, or buy a pair of women's pants. Getting the fit right is more important than the gender that the pants are intended for. I would wear girls pants if they fit the right way and the style is what I wanted. :slight_smile: best of luck.

10. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Buy some masculine trousers and have a tailor alter them. Alterations are usually rather inexpensive, and it'll give them the look you want.

11. leer

not a good idea to go commando ''no pants '' one of the better ones i find are at H&M in the uk the are David Beckem`s its a good fit and comfortable as hell .